ATX Community

"She don't make mistakes!"

cathyan

Got in a W-2 from client that I'm not sure what to do with.

His wages are in all the right boxes with Fed, State, SS and Med withholding. No problem. BUT in box 12 there is an entry coded "CC" for the total amount of his earned wages.

I've never heard of a code CC, so I call the business and am told "My daughter is a CPA and has been doing the books for 40 years and she don't make mistakes!"

End of conversation, he hung up.

How do I report this W-2 if I can't get a corrected one?

His wages are in all the right boxes with Fed, State, SS and Med withholding. No problem. BUT in box 12 there is an entry coded "CC" for the total amount of his earned wages.

I've never heard of a code CC, so I call the business and am told "My daughter is a CPA and has been doing the books for 40 years and she don't make mistakes!"

Just enter it as coded, it has no effect on your clients return but it was necessary for the employer to put it there because they have indicated that this person qualified them (the business owner) for special employment tax credits because of hiring someone who had been un-employed for a while and they intend to keep them for the qualified period of time. This is new to 2010 W-2's and it is not an error on the part of whoever prepared the W-2.

Hope this helps,

Deb!

P.S. On box 12 where you enter a code it has CC as an option.

I like your title and to the best of our knowledges, it is true.