ATX Community

Efile of 1096, 1099s ???

jklcpa

This might be a really stupid question but here goes. How do I sign up to efile these forms? I tried to update my efile applic to be able to file these, and information returns aren't on the list. Looks like I'm approved for 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041 only.

2nd dumb question: when efiling these, what is the procedure & is this through ATX?

3rd dumb question: is there a required transmittal form like for 1040s (the 8465 or 8879) ?

:blink:

Thanks to everyone,

Judy

1099 and 1096s do not require an EFIN so you don't need to worry about updating your application. Also there is no transmittal form for these either in the ATX program. All you need to do is fill out the 1099/1096 forms, and click the EFile button. From there it works just like efiling a 1040 or any other type in the ATX program. One thing to keep in mind, if it is a 1099 with alot of recipients it may take a little longer for the efile to create, just be patient !! Hope this answered your questions, and they weren't dumb !

Same here always wait to make sure all numbers are okay. jkl that sure is a pretty picture. I have tried to post my long hair che-che's picture but they are to many pix. I saw earlier that I could maybe use them as avitars. I am going to try that when I get home. My che-che is red with black and blonde. It's a cutie.