ATX Community

New Login.....

mcb39

I got through to Tech Support very easily this AM. Support gal finally got me reconnected after a couple of tries. Seems you have to go way back to login with the Looooooooong # they gave you the first time you got set up. Even that didn't work so she gave me a NEW Loooooooong # to use to change my password and login. So far so good. The only thing I can say to any of you who are having login problems is to write down EVERYTHING they tell you. You might need it.

Person I dealt with was extremely helpful, in no hurry and certainly was not going to give up any time soon. Luckily she got me through. In the process, I did receive 3 automated emails telling me that my password had been reset, just as I had yesterday. I guess the "secret" is to go back to the very first password that you ever had and then don't use any of the interim ones. This is the first time in all the years that I have used Saber or ATX that I have had to call support more than once in a one tax season; and these were not even tax questions. Both times were in regard to Login. And, yes, FWIW, I did document the calls.

I became terribly frustrated with the log-in to MyATX. I kept getting in once and then couldn't get in the second time. It just had to be something I wasn't doing correctly. I spent days just reading this board and resigned that I couldn't log-in. When it finally got to the point that I REALLY needed to get into MyATX and took the big step to call tech support. Took very deep breaths and dialed...On hold for quite awhile but I don't think it was 15 minutes before I got some help. That really long # is now posted on my monitor in 24pt. When I initially set up for log-in and received my Client ID, set my user name and created password and came up with a "secret" question, all was well until I logged out and tried to log in again.

The last time on the phone with tech support for the same problem (4th) I asked to confirm my procedure. Well Well Well

No more user name that I created. Use ADMIN.

locked? use the 20 digit number for the password then change the password. Do not forget that when you change the password after getting in the the 20 digit # that it is your current password.

For all the security this new log-in is suppose to provide to someone, you can call and give them a Client ID and you are in to THAT Client ID MyATX account.

Other than the log-in problem there hasn't been TOO much to complain about. Still a little anxious but trying to maintain a positive outlook.

Looking for my Klienrock research materials though.

Karen

Remember to change that password at least every 45 days as well.

And you can't revert back to a previous password until it's buried 10 deep in the list.

I'm thinking a good way to handle this would be to select a password that ends in two digits.

For these two digits, just use the curent month (01, 02, 03,...12).

The on a certain day (ie. the first Monday of each month), just remember to change the last 2 digits of the password to the current month.

Gail:

I just now tried it and it worked fine.

My new password uses exactly the same letters and in the same sequence as the original, but the last 2 digits are "02" rather than "01".

Only problem is, I'm now using my Feb password during Jan and I can't change back (but I'll adapt, for the good of the team)