ATX Community

NT / Client is a Grouch

RitaB

Lady is 80 years old. Been doing her return for 12 years. EVERY year she asks me why is not too old to file. EVERY year I tell her the filing requirements. EVERY year she owes a little tax.

I called her just now to tell her the return is ready.

Grouchy: "Well, it'll be next week before I can come up there."

Me: "That is fine."

Grouchy: "Yeah, I know it's fine, cause I'm not coming up there today."

I was mad when I started typing, but now I am laughing, thinking I should hire her to answer the phone.

Lady is 80 years old. Been doing her return for 12 years. EVERY year she asks me why is not too old to file. EVERY year I tell her the filing requirements. EVERY year she owes a little tax.

I called her just now to tell her the return is ready.

Grouchy: "Well, it'll be next week before I can come up there.

Me: "That is fine."

Grouchy: "Yeah, I know it's fine, cause I'm not coming up there today."

I was mad when I started typing, but now I am laughing, thinking I should hire her to answer the phone.

Well, Rita, it seems to me you've got three choices with this lady.

1. Laugh

2. Hire her (a good idea)

3. :wall: Hit your head against a brick wall. Funniest for the rest of us to watch (with sympathy!), but painful for you.

I'm not sure about how to move him to another program. I tried a copy / paste into Word. He shows up, but doesn't move anymore. But I just copied from your post. Another forum I read also has icons for "stirring the pot", a butt wiggle (i.e. nah nah nah nah nah nah - probably spelled wrong and loses something in writing), and "beating a dead horse."

After 27 years doing taxes, this was a first and hopefully a last and never again. Last year a long time elderly client (82) complained that I raised my price on his return every year, I showed him proof that I had not raised his cost in at least 3 or 4 years, this year I did raise it a whole $5, very simple return, and I told him that before I even took his information. Called him when I was ready to e-file, he came and signed the 8879, told him I'd call when I got the ack so he could pick up his return and pay me. (I did trust him) Two days later I called and left a message on his phone, but he didn't come out to get it, a day later his obituary was in the paper. He'd been found dead in his home. Guess he wasn't going to pay that extra $5 even if he had to die to do it.

AnnieR

I would love to have access to those types of emotion icons as well. They would indeed be fun. Thanks Catherine, we can always count on you to come up with something unique and different.

We live but to serve.

We serve to live.

We serve liver. With onions.

One of those --> or something like that, Terry D!

:lol: