ATX Community

Replying to Personal Messages on the forum

Eric

When you receive a personal message on the forum, you may get an email notification depending on your account settings. This email is only a notification, and it comes from my atxcommunity email address. Any email sent to that address is delivered to me, not to the person you received the private message from.

So, long story short, if you want to reply to a private message, make sure to do it from the private message system on the forum instead of replying to the notification email.

On a totally separate topic, there are going to be some forum software updates coming which will include some new features and refinements on existing features. I don't want to change anything mid-tax season, so I'm looking to you folks to tell me when to do the upgrade.

Whenever you are available. You do so much for us, that we can work around your schedule. That said -- if it's all the same to you -- I'd wait until after 18 April. I'm way behind and sleep deprived and will certainly be posting questions since I'm not functioning efficiently and will need direction and help fast.

I just want to be sure that a couple days after tax season isn't too early. I'm not even sure of when the new version will be released, I just know it'll be out soonish... so it may be a non-issue.

The design will be changing again, although it won't be as drastic a change as last time. I may remove the CleanCut skin as an option, since maintaining two themes is proving to be a bit of a pain. I will keep a large-text skin choice available, although it might not be ready until a couple days after the initial upgrade.

Well, we have had so much else to deal with this tax season - late passage of tax law, delayed form creation and updates, rationed efiling, family members passing, umpteen feet of snow to shovel, crankly clients smelling blood from the extreme stress this season has created and going for the jugular, computer issues that won't quit - what's one more speed bump on the road? :)

But with all due respect, post-filing season would also be my vote.

We do so much appreciate all that you do - THANKS!!!