ATX Community

Time to renew

GeorgeM

They called me a few weeks ago and I told them I was too busy and to call back after 4/18. They called right on schedule this morning and renewed the same package at the same price as last year. Premium package (orginally $699) for $299 & $39.95 S&H. They confirmed that it is the same TaxWorks software as the 2010 package.

I wonder what the ATX price is going to be this year. I was hesitant to make the switch from ATX to TRX(TaxWorks) last year after about 15 years with ATX / Saber but I had very little problems with conversion of the ATX files or getting up to speed with the TRX input based software vs the ATX forms based (spreadsheet)input. So when it came time to renew I already knew what I was going to do since the cost savings was significant.

Overall, I was very satisfied with TRX and the tech support that I also recieved from the TawWorks people Ryan & John Toone.

They've e-mailed and called me again yesterday & today (when I wasn't here). I was glad that after I complained about the bad timing before they did wait until yesterday to call back.

They also sent me a link to a new product (Tax Exact) they are offering for the same $299 price. She said it is more forms-based rather than worksheet based. I hope to look at it tonight or tomorrow.

I did get along pretty well with TaxWorks and am not looking forward to converting again. But I do like forms-based, so I'll look at the other program. The e-mail said I could sign up for TaxWorks and change later. I e-mailed back to get a confirmation of that.

Here's the link to their other product:

http://trxalliance.com/demoproTE.php

They called me five times during the tax season. I advised them to advise management that this was not the time to do marketing and they should wait until after April 18, 2011.

I tried to download the new TaxExact Premium Software twice and both times it was corrupted. I called and spoke to sales who were good enough to take me through the software via screen share with them. I inquired as to which companies software platform they were using but didn't get any response. It is forms based and appears to have all the bells and whistles. I am waiting for them to send me a cd rom so I can further evaluate this product.

The reason that I am interested at this time is not that I am dissatisfied with Tax works, quite the contrary, I had an excellent year with TRX and Tax works and don't wish to change software. However all good things come to an end whether it be next year or the year thereafter, so I want to be prepared with a viable inexpensive solution that will be as good if not better than Tax Works.

I will keep you all posted as I progress.

Wishing all happy and healthy holidays.

Mike Dubin CPA

I did successfully down load the TaxExact Premium demo. I intend to test it out this summer as time permits. I was offered the special renewal price of $ 299 for the full package TRX Pro (reg $ 699). I was told by TRX rep that if I renewed by 05/31 I would have until Dec to make a final decision if I wanted to stay with the TRX package or go with the TaxEaxct Premium package. They will be offering on line training during the summer. I agree with Mike. I generally had only a few issues with the software this year--support was OK, but nothing to write home about. I too would like not to learn a new software, but these days we need to be flexible.

Art

I tested the TaxExact program and found many problems. I was not able to complete a complex return as the program is a 2006 version for depreciation. 5 year property put in service in 2005 will give 2006 depreciation rather than 2010 figures. Dividend input has the qualified dividend input off to the right and no provision for foreign tax paid, etc.

I have already signed up for 2010 and wrote to TRX with my thoughts but have not yet received an answer.

I like the overall appearance of the program (almost forms based) and agree that the scrolling is jumpy. I would like to switch but need to evaluate a 2010 program before I can make a decision.

ATX wants $799.00 for 1040 Office before 10% discount if ordered by 05-31-11

Received an email from ATX offering up to $30% off of all packages. The 1040 Office package for $639 (20% of of the reg price of $799). The funny part is that I offered to stay with ATX last year if they gave me this same 30% off offer that they gave to other defectors but they refused and would only give me 10% off for early renewal.

Very happy that I made the switch to TRX. A bigger tax package at a much lower price.

I did successfully down load the TaxExact Premium demo. I intend to test it out this summer as time permits. I was offered the special renewal price of $ 299 for the full package TRX Pro (reg $ 699). I was told by TRX rep that if I renewed by 05/31 I would have until Dec to make a final decision if I wanted to stay with the TRX package or go with the TaxEaxct Premium package. They will be offering on line training during the summer. I agree with Mike. I generally had only a few issues with the software this year--support was OK, but nothing to write home about. I too would like not to learn a new software, but these days we need to be flexible.

Art

ALERT CLARIFICATION

The $ 229 price for the regular $ 699 package is only good through tomorrow per Morgan at TRX.

Art

RENEWAL WITH TRX

I received an email from TRX about renewing for 2011

I just want to say go to www.trxalliance.com and you will

find they have 4 Different Choices:

TaxExact Pro - TaxExact Premium - TRX Pro and TRX Premium

I just signed up for TRX Premium (Tax Works) for 299.99 for 2011.

TODAY is the deadline for the each of the Premium for 299.99.