ATX Community

Signature NT

TAXMAN

1 minute ago, Yardley CPA said:

gfizer...by checking that box I think it simply prints the preparers name.  I think TAXMAN is asking if the preparers actual signature can be digitalized and placed in that field?

Oops. You're right. Just saw the parenthetical.  Can't help with that one. Sorry

Add  image of signature to ATX forms:

• save your scanned signature on your computer
  • go to "customize master forms"  open form you want to add signature (1040, 1040A, 8879 etc.)
  • from edit select "Insert Picture"
  • click the area for preparer's signature
  • find your scanned signature
  • select it
  • click the image to resize so that it fits into the block
  • save custom form
  • close custom form

the image will cover your printed signature in the block.  that way, you can keep the box checked to add your signature to forms and have this customized on your 1040 etc..  Not all forms will take it.  Many states will not.  For Virginia, I can do it on the 8879 but not on the regular form.  I could not get it on the MD forms.  I did not try other states.

Now I have to remember how to insert the date on the 8879 by entering it one place ( I think on the 1040).  Someone gave that tip previously....    Oh the challange of trying to remember things that you only do once a year....

• Like 4

I don't do an image. Just use computer printed name.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, Hahn1040 said:

Now I have to remember how to insert the date on the 8879 by entering it one place ( I think on the 1040).  Someone gave that tip previously....    Oh the challange of trying to remember things that you only do once a year....

The date is automatically on the preparer signature line. Just link that date to the EF form and the state EF form. Always mark returns complete when done. That makes the 1040 date freeze as long as it's checked.

• Like 4