ATX Community

Dear Client

RitaB

Dear Former Client,

Enclosed are all your documents and papers, along with a letter withdrawing from our tax preparation engagement. I recommend that you look for a preparer who specializes in real estate professionals.

I will say that you certainly did flummox me; never before have I requested information on major expenditures (in order to determine if they were expenses or depreciable renovations), only to be told, "I don't think you need that information." Once I can understand - and I explained on the phone exactly why I need the information requested. Twice and more, though, and I have determined that you were correct in the first place. I do NOT, in fact, need any of the requested information -- because I will NOT be doing your returns.

Good luck and good bye; here's your hat what's your hurry. Don't bother sending me any referrals, either.

• Like 2

I love that part about not needing any of the info requested now.

I just sent out the clearly marked in RED draft returns of the client with the 29 year old 'dependent' NOT along with the amended 2010 returns. I referenced the engagement letter they signed in January. I just stated the 2011 returns would be efiled on receipt of the signed 8879 and reiterated the importance of filing the amended return. I'm thinking I won't likely be receiving that signed 8879. At least I completed my part of the engagement.