ATX Community

NT-cloud accounting

artp

Has anyone had experience with this ? I have read some reviews for these cloud based applications, but the track records appear thin. Their main pitch is that the business owner can track his income and expenses without resorting to a traditional accounting software package (QuickBooks, ect.). I would be interested in your comments.

Thanks

who will be able to plow your data in the cloud? I am certain that "they" will tell you that your data is secure and no one can take anything from it. I don't believe it one little bit. The first one of these companies that figures out how to farm out the data in your files will do it without thinking twice.

Just my humble opinion. (it isn't paranioa if they really are after you).

Tom

Lodi, CA

Data is potentially held hostage to whatever they want to charge you.

The whole idea of my (or my clients') tax or accounting data on some unknown "cloud" NOT under our control gives me the heebie-jeebies. Perhaps the "cloud" is an OK place to park COPIES of calendars, standard documents, and the like -- for easier access for those who travel -- but as the ONLY location for CRUCIAL files and documents? Not on MY watch.

I've liked being able to say to my clients that their data does not leave my room. And at least when explaining e-file, I can mention the mere moments their data is in transit as opposed to a week via the USPS. But, storing it in the cloud -- I'd have to really know the company. I did back-up to VMS, the former ATX techies; but they don't do back-up anymore. I use two external hard drives, a flash or two for specifics, my software is on my hard drive, etc.