ATX Community

TRX 2012

Doug TRX Alliance

It appears most of you guys are looking forward to our own tax software as a TRX Member. We filed 30,000 plus returns through TaxExact this year without any major hicups and our file center never missed a beat, so it was better than a successful first production season. We are now updating to the new calculations for this coming filing season, and along with the new calc. changes we are creating easier ways of depreciating assets and making sure as much information carries from worksheets to schedules as can to prevent dual and sometimes triple entry of the data by the tax preparer. I recently sent a email to all our TRX Members asking what you like this year and what we needed to make improvments on and I have received very good response. I would like to reach out to you guys to form an advisory group to help me make the software what you want it to be. If you are interested in this please contact me by email at [email protected] so I can get you with Jeanie our Head of our Tax Law divison.

The only thing I can say about RedGear at this time is I got an email last week stateing they are going 100% MeF next year and their whole program is changing with the look and feel so we just must wait and see.

One other thing to keep in mind it appears that people using bank products was down industry wide this year by 25% so please be aware of my competitors raising their prices dramaticaly over the next 2 years. I would not be surprised to see minimum software prices now of $995.00 as high as $3000.00 over the next 2 years. But remember we will honor our price lock as long as you have renewed each year by May 1st.

Thanks everyone for another great tax season at TRX.

Sincerely,

Doug Hughes

President / CEO

TRX Software Development, Inc.

My one year experience buying software through TRX and the incessant harassing me to buy the following years (it took me 3 years and dozens of requests to stop the e-mails and phone calls trying to get me to buy their TRX product) have caused me to not even consider any product they have to sell.

So, as I have said many times, I am not MOST anything!!!

TRX must not be doing too bad if they can sponsor a NASCAR.

http://www.catchfenc...-superspeedway/

Making a lot of money and able to spend it on advertising in the form of a Nascar sponsorship does NOT mean that their company knows how to treat customers, knows their products, has salespeople that are trained and knowledgable about their products, has tech support that knows what they are doing or even salespeople that know how to be honest and forthright.

Should I start a list of companies that give a Nascar sponsorship and are totally lousy companies to do business with?

Oh Oh Ohh OOOHHH I think I already did.

"Making a lot of money and able to spend it on advertising in the form of a Nascar sponsorship does NOT mean that their company knows how to treat customers, knows their products, has salespeople that are trained and knowledgable about their products, has tech support that knows what they are doing or even salespeople that know how to be honest and forthright." My point exactly. AND the emails are still coming!

• Like 1

In defense of TRX, I have used the Redgear program for two years and, although it has taken an adjustment to learn the program after 15 years with ATX, I have not had problems at all with the program or support. I will probably take a look at their in house product soon, but I have renewed with them for the coming year.

In defense of TRX, I have used the Redgear program for two years and, although it has taken an adjustment to learn the program after 15 years with ATX, I have not had problems at all with the program or support. I will probably take a look at their in house product soon, but I have renewed with them for the coming year.

The software I bought from them was NOT the issue at all!! I got a KILLER deal on ATX that year. Software = 5 stars. Company knowing how to treat customers and/or how to be a "tech" company in the 21st century = -2 stars!!

Products are not their problem. Now I will also say that CCH is only one star ahead of them...

Thank guys for the insight on where you feel we are lacking with our customers. Jack from Ohio if you can elaborate more, I would love to be able to improve my company to the level you disserve, that is is exactly why I ask for your input. You are also most certainly correct sponsoring Nascar and knowing how to treat people are 2 different things. As far as this being a ATX Community Board I to understand this, however if you click on forums you will see the TRX tab as well where we have multiple customers here. If I offended any of you by posting a post reaching out for your advice I truly apologise, but I am 100% sincere when asking for your help since we are just a small company we do not have the budgets of a CCH or RedGear/H&R Block.

Again my sincere thanks for your comments good or bad.

Doug Hughes

Being unfamiliar with the mechanics of the forum let me say that if posts to the TRX forum are automatically posted to the ATX Community forum general chat, then I apologize for my earlier comment. If, on the other hand, you posted separately to this forum, I stand by my comment of underhanded marketing.

• Like 1

RFASSETT I did post this under TRX and under General Chat which I thought would be a great place to ask for help. I again apologise to you if my post came across as a underhanded marketing thing that was not my intentions, to be quit honest if I could still get ATX at a good price and sell it to you for less I would be doing so, it is a great product. I am truly looking for insight on finishing my software and if you choose not to participate I understand, but maybe there are some out there that would like to help.

Thanks

Doug Hughes

Glad to give my input... I'm maintaining my membership with TRX but have still been using ATX... I am looking forward to seeing how your in house software compares with ATX... I hate to loose time learning a new software. Your staff has told me that it has both

worksheet input or forms input (like ATX)... is he correct?

I am also renewing with TRX to get the benefits of the other software available thru you... I am waiting on your payroll software.

I've been assured I will have by June 2012 so I can switch from the Quickbooks payroll before my renewal date--- do you think it will be ready in June?

Look forward to reviewing your software and compare it to ATX

taxtrio

[email protected]

What is difference between TRX Alliance and TRX Software Development, Inc? If want to stay with Redgear software, why do we have to still be with TRX Alliance? Can't Redgear software be purchased direct from Redgear? How was a NASCAR team sponsored in 2011 if TRX Alliance owed so many clients Service Bureau Fee money from 2010? How do you not pay independent tax business owners money you owe them but can justify sponsoring a NASCAR team?

If anyone can please answer as these are serious questions.

• Like 1

... If want to stay with Redgear software, why do we have to still be with TRX Alliance? Can't Redgear software be purchased direct from Redgear? ...

Sure you can purchase TaxWorks directly from RedGear, but the price is higher. Here's their price list. Selling thru a reseller like TRX is just another way that software publishers can market their software without incurring the full cost of product support, such as adding staff to the customer-service department.

Sure you can purchase TaxWorks directly from RedGear, but the price is higher.

But if you purchase through TRX and Doug Hughes and company keeps your rebate money for their own use (or NASCAR sponsorships) instead of paying to you when it is due, then there is no software savings.

Thanks for your help though Don. Do you not know answers to other part of my questions though? Anybody? I see that Doug Hughes posted here earlier but I guess he won't answer any of these questions.

... Thanks for your help though Don. Do you not know answers to other part of my questions though? ...

I don't offer bank products and my NASCAR experience is limited to watching "Talladega Nights", so I can't help you with those topics.

As I mentioned in a previous post, TRX has two bugs that I know about and that I can work around. The price is right for me - I renewed. Your criteria and decision may be different.