ATX Community

Download Forms Instructions

MAMalody

Since my program does not download the programs updates and forms updates via the toolbar icon, I have been trying to do so from MyATX. I have been able to do so for the program updates, however, when I download the forms it says follow the instructions for importing into the program.. The problem I have run into is that I can't find said instructions. Anybody out there have step-by-step instructions or know where I can find them?

Mike

Since my program does not download the programs updates and forms updates via the toolbar icon, I have been trying to do so from MyATX. I have been able to do so for the program updates, however, when I download the forms it says follow the instructions for importing into the program.. The problem I have run into is that I can't find said instructions. Anybody out there have step-by-step instructions or know where I can find them?

Mike

I had problems last year primarily because I have dialup. I still have dialup and the downloads are going very smoothly this year. Makes me wonder why yours isn't working. Anyhow, when you download forms you choose the directory where you have ATX2007 installed. (Such as C/Program Files/ATX 2007) When you find that in the drop-down boxes and get to ATX2007, click on it and choose "New Files". Download the forms there. The Program updates always get downloaded to the desktop and installed from there. Hope this helps. If this isn't the proper procedure this year, I hope that someone corrects me.....Best of luck!

I had problems last year primarily because I have dialup. I still have dialup and the downloads are going very smoothly this year. Makes me wonder why yours isn't working. Anyhow, when you download forms you choose the directory where you have ATX2007 installed. (Such as C/Program Files/ATX 2007) When you find that in the drop-down boxes and get to ATX2007, click on it and choose "New Files". Download the forms there. The Program updates always get downloaded to the desktop and installed from there. Hope this helps. If this isn't the proper procedure this year, I hope that someone corrects me.....Best of luck!

Mike, go to MY ATX; then to Download Center, then to 2007 Forms Update. Choose the type of forms you want, such as FED, click on Next which takes you to the list of available forms. At the very top of the page right under the blue bar is a sentence that tells you to follow the "instructions". Instructions is highlighted. Click on that word, which brings up a box with the directions that I just gave you. It wouldn't let me copy and paste, but what I told you was correct.

A suggestion.

Often when I have a problem of some program not acting the way it should, two possible solutions are available:

1. Restart the computer (which apparently you have done, more than once.)

2. Re-install the program. (If you have prepared any returns, it might be wise to remove the "Database" folder from the Program before this re-installation - simply move it - copy it - to anywhere, e.g., the desktop, some other folder. After re-installation, put the "Database" folder back into the program - remember to remove the new [empty] one first!)

Another reminder. The "Database" folder within the program holds all of your completed returns. Lose that folder and you have lost work.

"My Computer," etc., is the avenue to get into the program folder and have access to the "Database" folder.

After reinstall, you can remove the new (empty) "Database" folder and put the old one back in, or just copy the contents from the old to the new. Check the "properties" of each after this copying to make sure you have all information.

Hope it works.

Well, deleting and reinstalling the program did not work. I am able to go to MyATX and download the program updates, it is a pain but not too bad. The problem is the forms. I did returns in 18 states last year and some for overseas. The forms download is a nightmare because you have to individually indicate each form you want. Jeez.

KC,

I wish it was that simple. I have e-mail William twice and received one reply back with a promise that someone would call me back. That was Monday and I still have not heard anything. The program this year may be technically the same but the support is absolutely awful! I think that those of us who are having a serious probelm that cannot be address by the knowledge base or by someone on this board is left with absolutely no help.

William is a wonderful person, don't get me wrong. I believe he is doing all he can to personally take care of us however he abscence this year is just another blow that we have been dealt.

Deb!

• 2 weeks later...