ATX Community

I got PEOPLE!!!

Booger

You're right, JohnH. I wonder what they are charging "the great unwashed masses" for a 1040

with a Schedule A this year?

Booger

Every ad I have seen has irritated me in some way as they do not "tell the rest of the story." YES you CAN deduct your work clothes, if they can only be used for work (not normal wear) OR have a logo etc., AND you file a schedule A, AND it's greater than 2% of their agi. Yadda yadda yadda

• 2 months later...

A new client came in yesterday for the stimulus payment return to be prepared. She told me that H&R down the road was charging $75 for these returns.

Leave it to them to latch onto a good thing and bleed the masses. I am doing them gratis for anyone who asks.

Leave it to them to latch onto a good thing and bleed the masses. I am doing them gratis for anyone who asks.

Same here!

I've had several who call and ask what they need to do, I reply come see me, they ask how much, I say nothing!

Needless to say I have some very happy people, and in almost every case they have given me a little something anyhow.

I honestly feel a little good will can go a very looooooong way!

Deb!

I had a client come in today and tell me that her mother called HRB to find out the cost of the stimulus return. They told her $35. She took all her paperwork to them, which included some interest and dividends, small pension, not enough to file but she took everything to go with her social security. They charged her $195 for the return, and when she questioned it they told her she had been misquoted on the price. She paid it,but her daughter is furious and is telling everyone who will hold still for it how much HRB ripped her mother off.

I am doing the same thing, GRATIS....specially for customer's relatives and all who asks for it.

Think we have to gave some in return for a great tax season. :)

cantup