ATX Community

Peparer Signature

Dave T

I know that with the problems people are having with rollovers and the slowness of the program this seems like a rather trivial matter but I have a question that someone might be able to respond to.

I rolled over over my first clients return and entered the preparer information. In other years I would then unprotect the worksheet and change the font so that the preparer's signature actually looked like script.

I can't find where the unprotect function is located or if it even still exists.

Thanks for any assistance.

- Dave T

Possibly....but I have to think that if that were the case, they would have stated as such by now. Based on the "improved" product they have released upon us this season, I suspect it is just another short-sighted step backwards.

If this "improvement" (and others) really do have merit and there actually is justification for putting customers through this beta testing, then shame on ATX for not communicating things better.

I went to the Forms option and clicked on Customize Master Forms. I selected 1040 than to the signature line at the bottom of page 2. I selected a calligraphy font 9 point and it looks beautiful. I clicked to Save Masters. When I opened my sample blank return, I changed the existing 1040 with the new one and the signature was there.

I do know that form updates will wipe this out and the 1040 does have Draft all over it but it surely looks to me as if I customized at least a part of this form. I also can understand that we should not unprotect a cell with certain links as that could create problems with the program working properly and specific data fields being transmitted via efile losing integrity. But I did change the signature line.

I went to the Forms option and clicked on Customize Master Forms. I selected 1040 than to the signature line at the bottom of page 2. I selected a calligraphy font 9 point and it looks beautiful. I clicked to Save Masters. When I opened my sample blank return, I changed the existing 1040 with the new one and the signature was there.

I do know that form updates will wipe this out and the 1040 does have Draft all over it but it surely looks to me as if I customized at least a part of this form. I also can understand that we should not unprotect a cell with certain links as that could create problems with the program working properly and specific data fields being transmitted via efile losing integrity. But I did change the signature line.

Good Job Margaret! :)