ATX Community

E-File Ack. History will not print

Cathy

There is a "print" box on the bottom left corner for the E-File ack. History, however, it is dim and, of course, will not print when you click it. Also, right clicking on mouse doesn't pull up the menu where you can also print a document.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cathy

What you have to do is click on "Mark all Files" which will allow you to print the list. Then, if you like, you can unmark them.

Thanks, but I did that already. The ack. history appears on the screen, however, I cannot print it. The "PRINT" command is very dim and does nothing when I click it. Have also tried "control and print" and it will not print that way either. :wall:

Cathy

Now that I can e-file VA, I finally have my first sets of accepted returns. And like you, I cannot print the history. If anyone has discovered the fix for this, please share.

My daughter-in-law showed me a trick to print the ack history. Basically, you copy it and send it to Microsoft Word where you use their print command. I will post what keys you use to copy the ack in the morning when I get to my office.

Cathy

My daughter-in-law showed me a trick to print the ack history. Basically, you copy it and send it to Microsoft Word where you use their print command. I will post what keys you use to copy the ack in the morning when I get to my office.

Cathy

Ok...Finally got a couple of minutes.

SHORTCUT TO PRINT ACK HISTORY:

1. First open either Microsoft Word or Office to a blank, new file and then minimize it if you want to. (I put my Word program icon on the bottom tool bar at the bottom of my screen.

2. Select the acknowledgement(s) you want to print under the E-File menu as we once did. (I usually select the Federal and State acks for each client separately.)

3. Once the acknowledgement appears on your screen, hit "Control"," ALT", and "Prt Scr" keys at the same time. You will not hear or notice anything different on that screen after you press those keys.

4. Click on your Word or Office file and a blank document should appear if you followed step #1.

5. Right click on the blank file you brought up in Step 4.

6. The acknowledgement history will appear. ;)

7. You are then able to print the acknowledgement by using the print command under the "File" menu.

8. After printing the acknowledgement, to get rid of that particular ack and get ready to print another one when needed, click on the border of the acknowledgement. Then click on your "Delete" key. It then disappears. I then minimize my Word file to have it ready for the next ack I need to print, whenever.

Take care,

Cathy

Alas, I am incompetent with this. I also have a complication as I have PrintKey, a program on my computer to print the screen. I have to figure out how to change the printer on that.

Margaret,

You should be able to use your program as all you are doing is printing the acknowledgement history....you may not even have to take the extra step in pasting the ack history to word or office, right?