ATX Community

UPDATE 23 IS READY

jetaxes

I'm just downloading it for the laughs now..... :spaz: They still didn't fix the 1099-K. Still show's the Payee as the Filer. If you are still with TRX, then I suggest you start looking for a provider for next year because they probably won't be around. They'll take your renewal and you'll have no software next year.

Could call the renamed group...."Anything But TRX"

We already have a Drake forum that is seldom used. But with so many using new software this year, I think a forum for each would be useful. At least during the growing pains.

Looks like the most popular choices are: TaxWise, TaxSlayer & TaxAct. Plus the Drake we already have.

I'll check out the new updates tomorrow. I got .22 this afternoon before my client came in. VERY simple return (1 W2, 1 dependent, nothing else). Wasn't even e-filed since she was going straight to IRS with new 2011 and 2012 returns in hand to set up payment plan. Couldn't find the 8948 for paper file explanation so downloaded from IRS. OK, I didn't look very hard.

Personally, I don't have time to fiddle around with TaxExact anymore. Haven't downloaded updates for about a week now, because I need to concentrate on saving my business from a train wreck. Until I got my new software up and running 10 days ago, I was actually hoping nobody would call or come in! I think I scared some people away, because now that I'm up and running, several of my clients who are usually in and out by this time of year haven't even called. I'm having trouble getting motivated now, and I think it's because this whole fiasco with TRX wore me out mentally and emotionally. I was still trying to make their software work at a time that I usually had letters and organizers sent out to everybody, and to this day I haven't sent letters out or even looked at how to do organizers. Of course it's quite late for that, but I do have clients who come in later in the season who will probably still want them. But I've really lost my pizzazz over this whole fiasco. I'm having trouble getting excited about even going to my office. I just want to stay home and make it all go away. Having been deceived like this really took the wind out of my sails. I think I'm depressed!!! How about all of you?

Linda come on girl, you can't let this drive you crazy and out of business! Cheer up! You got a new software that works, so just keep on plugging!

I was shocked and really upset at TRX and the fact that they refuse to communicate with me inspite of several attempts. But then I thought I can't let this one incident drive me out of business. I have had other clients that never paid for their tax prep work before and I write them off if I can't collect. This will go in that stink pile!

So Linda cheer up and think your clients need you, more than you need TRX. Just consider TRX as a bad nightmare and divorce it!