ATX Community

12.6 Update Continually Crashes

davinhci

UPDATE: I meant 12.6 in subject, not 12.7! Sorry.

Hello All,

I recently upgraded our network installed 2012 ATX program to 12.6 (downloaded update via Support site, not within program). I notice the memory usage has gone down. Kudos. However, I am at a point where after I open up the program and start typing in a SSN number, the program unexpectedly closes due to an error. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

Edited by Eric
Fixed topic title

I don't understand why some are having problems and other seem to be okay. I'm up to 94 1040's in and done with 11 appointments today. I started to have printing issues with 12.6 but they seemed to have cleared themself with a reboot.

I'm having no other problems. Working with Win 7, 4 GB. I not doing anything special. I don't use the bell and whistlies

of ATX, like letters or billing, etc. I use Word for that. And I only rollover a client when they come in. I didn't rollover any returns until Jan 12th we will do about 600 returns this year. I'm not a Beta Tester. Also I have an IT guy that I brought before tax season to tune up the machines. Good Luck.

August @ www.adgfinancial.com

We also have been having the occasional issues with the program crashing, not being able to get into the returns etc. And the program is definately a lot slower than in the past. However, we have completed or are processing 347 returns as of this morning. So I guess I am considering myself fortunate to be able to have this much accomplished compared to some. (still approx 250 returns behind schedule) It does seem to help with the speed etc if we reboot the server at least daily, and the workstations several times a day. Not sure why it should make a difference, but it does.

We are a 4 preparer office operating on a server/workstation setup.

Folks my friend updated his software to the latest update and the slowness is really reduced. He can print and open last years returns in 30 seconds. Now he is standalone so I think most of the issues are with Network installations?? Years back I got off the Network during tax season for precisely that reason. If the Network crashes I am done!

Can you try to put it on a standalone computer and test? If that solves the issue you know what to do??

Very perplexing that some work great and others don't (i.e. me). I did get a lot work done yesterday but it started happening in the evening. I get the following error from the server's event logger. Anyone else?

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 02/07/13 5:56:34 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TXEXSRV3.taxexpress1.local
Description:
Faulting application name: ATX2012.Loader.exe, version: 12.6.202.2, time stamp: 0x510ff5e3
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.17135, time stamp: 0x506dbfdc
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0xa54
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0539e6ab63f2
Faulting application path: TXEXSRV3ApplicationsATX2012ATX2012.Loader.exe
Faulting module path: C:Windowssyswow64KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 2e5d2229-712e-11e2-800a-001018c4b3e4
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-07T13:56:34.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>203654</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>TXEXSRV3.taxexpress1.local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ATX2012.Loader.exe</Data>
<Data>12.6.202.2</Data>
<Data>510ff5e3</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.17135</Data>
<Data>506dbfdc</Data>
<Data>e0434352</Data>
<Data>0000c41f</Data>
<Data>a54</Data>
<Data>01ce0539e6ab63f2</Data>
<Data>TXEXSRV3ApplicationsATX2012ATX2012.Loader.exe</Data>
<Data>C:Windowssyswow64KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>2e5d2229-712e-11e2-800a-001018c4b3e4</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

One nagging issue I still seem to be having when rolling over returns they are not showing up in the returns manager and after creating Efiles they are not showing up in Efile manager until I exit program and renter program. I also noticed after an Efile update the status of the return does not change utill I exit and renter. a LOT OF TIME LOST in all this exiting and reentering. Anybody else???

Very perplexing that some work great and others don't (i.e. me). I did get a lot work done yesterday but it started happening in the evening. I get the following error from the server's event logger. Anyone else?

Where is this event logger? This could be very useful information!

I have had continuous problems since January. Even on hold for 3 hours 5 minutes last week to try and solve the crashing issue. Then spoke with tech support for about 45 minutes. AFter being told to uninstall and then reformat workstations it seemed to work for my workstations.... well until today, now when I came and opened up ATX , rather tried to open the program today, it just disappears, sometimes it gives the message of stopped working, but most of the time the popup screen comes up and then goes away. The atxloader.exe process starts, but then goes away when the pop up disappears.

Now, stuck, not able to get through to ATX, says wait time is at least 1 hour!!!