ATX Community

Another software glitch...paper refund check

Cathy

Hopefully ATX is monitoring this forum because you sure can't get through on the support line, or should I say "non-support" line.

Client had her refund direct deposited last year. This year she is requesting a paper check as she no longer has a checking account.

When creating the Federal e-file, errors regarding her checking account (must have routing number....yada yada) appear. I cannot create a Federal e-file return. I had no problem with the state return.

Cathy

Possibly a silly question but are you sure that you checked Paper Check option for refund? I forgot that once last year and nearly cried until I figured it out then nearly cried because I had overlooked it. With this year's program though, maybe another gremlin in which case delete the 1040 EF Info sheet and readd? I dunno...

Hopefully ATX is monitoring this forum because you sure can't get through on the support line, or should I say "non-support" line.

Client had her refund direct deposited last year. This year she is requesting a paper check as she no longer has a checking account.

When creating the Federal e-file, errors regarding her checking account (must have routing number....yada yada) appear. I cannot create a Federal e-file return. I had no problem with the state return.

Cathy

this is posted on the official forum...

Problem: When creating the e-file or running Error Check, multiple errors display saying the bank account entered in the federal return does not match the bank info entered on the 1040 E-file Info even though a paper check option has been selected on the 1040 E-file Info.

Temporary Solution: First, verify no bank account or routing numbers have been entered. If none are present, have customer open the return. Click the Print icon. Next, click the Cancel button. Nothing needs to actually be printed. Recreate the efile.

Permanent Solution: the “12.8” release, currently scheduled for release on 2/15 will have a programmatic fix for this.

Issue: A print setting has gotten “stuck” which incorrectly flags the errors. Running the Print clears the error.

Kim Manuel

VP - Customer Relations

this is posted on the official forum...

Problem: When creating the e-file or running Error Check, multiple errors display saying the bank account entered in the federal return does not match the bank info entered on the 1040 E-file Info even though a paper check option has been selected on the 1040 E-file Info.

Temporary Solution: First, verify no bank account or routing numbers have been entered. If none are present, have customer open the return. Click the Print icon. Next, click the Cancel button. Nothing needs to actually be printed. Recreate the efile.

Permanent Solution: the “12.8” release, currently scheduled for release on 2/15 will have a programmatic fix for this.

Issue: A print setting has gotten “stuck” which incorrectly flags the errors. Running the Print clears the error.

Kim Manuel

VP - Customer Relations

Thanks, Grmy!!! I owe you one!

Cathy

• Like 1

UPDATE:

The "Temporary Solution" above didn't work. After clicking the "Print" button then the "Cancel" button, the programs shuts itself down. I reopened the return and tried again...program crashes....many times I tried it...same results.

I discarded the 8879 and the 1040 EF Info and then added again to the return. Same results...program crashes.

Had a feeling my enrolling in "Fee Collect" had something to do with the program not letting me create a return with the client receiving a paper check. I'm not using the "Fee Collect" with this return as having tried it once and found it too time consuming, I will only use it when I absolutely MUST.

After many attempts to create the Federal e-file to no avail, I clicked on the "Fee Collect" disclosure sheet and tried to discard the form. The program told me that the 1040 EF Info would be discarded. I cancelled that bright idea and tried to create the return again. It then created!

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic!

Wow now I find this. I recreated two returns because this very issue that I could not solve!! The client wants a paper check yet the program insists that the bank routing and account numbers must match info the 1040 E-File Info sheet, which are blank!

I discarded the E-File Info form and even replaced the 1040 with a 1040A, to no avail. This is yet another bug in this program. Did ATX have actually TEST and USE this program on actual dummy returns before releasing it?

Now can anyone give me the answer to the "Client is Not 18" bug using Fee Collect?

Wow now I find this. I recreated two returns because this very issue that I could not solve!! The client wants a paper check yet the program insists that the bank routing and account numbers must match info the 1040 E-File Info sheet, which are blank!

I discarded the E-File Info form and even replaced the 1040 with a 1040A, to no avail. This is yet another bug in this program. Did ATX have actually TEST and USE this program on actual dummy returns before releasing it?

Now can anyone give me the answer to the "Client is Not 18" bug using Fee Collect?

Easy fix!

Open the print screen wait for it to populate the list of forms then close it(i think cancel is the choice). Now try and create the e-file again. Works for me every time! It is suppose to be fixed with Friday's update.

Deb!

• Like 2

Easy fix!

Open the print screen wait for it to populate the list of forms then close it(i think cancel is the choice). Now try and create the e-file again. Works for me every time! It is suppose to be fixed with Friday's update.

Deb!

Thank you so much! I have a return that I have to file that I have had been holding for a couple days because I have been dreading re-doing it...

Easy fix!

Deb!

Actually this didn't fix the "not over 18" fee collect bug... any other ideas? I posted over in the official forum.