ATX Community

12.8 Update...program won't load at all

cpabsd

I did the program update directly from the website. Followed all installations instructions. Antivirus software was temprarily disabled. Rebooted computer. Working on a stand alone machine. ATX 2012 will not load...error message states ATX 2012 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

UGH!!! Friday night and I do not need this. I intentionally waited to install update until end of day. Very glad I did now. However, I need the program to load and work.

Any suggestions????

I am running Windows XP as the operating system.

I have discovered that ATX2012 is NOT FRIENDLY to XP. In the last two weeks, I have converted 4 machines from XP to WIN7. Each one reduced a few of the issues. Now on the other side of 12.8....

Downloaded the file from the site. Closed down all workstations, computers completely off. Installed the update file on the server.

NOTHING CHANGED!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PROGRAM STILL CRASHES AT RANDOM OR ANYTIME TRYING TO CREATE E-FILE.

I have done every step talked about and more. Called sales and demanded to speak to someone who could get me proseries fx. The salesperson told me a supervisor would need to call me. That has been 3 hours ago.

I am calling other companies now.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I am a blithering idiot.

CCH as a company SUCKS. ATX and the development team have been gutted to the point that ATX is no longer a viable product for a network or anyone over 500 clients.

Whatever you do, don't restore your computer to an earlier date. That was a nightmare for me! I have installed ATX 2012 on 3 computers, and only my Windows 7 computer is even remotely running the program now. I had high hopes for the 12.8 Version Update, but it won't install properly! Wish I could get a refund from CCH and start over with new software, but earlier this month, I was acutally able to prepare and eFile a few returns with ATX 2012, so they probably wouldn't grant a refund. Any suggestions for comparable price replacement software that offers all the federal and state forms?

So.....I installed 12.8 and my files say I need to install 12.8 to be able to file w/4562, or to check return or print. So.....I tried reinstalling. It says the same thing. I installed 12.9......It still says I need to install 12.8 or greater to file w/4562 or check return or print. I'm going to bed!!! ATX SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close your program and go to the ATX support,site to download update 12.9. After it downloads and installs reboot your computer. Might have to reboot more than once. In my case even after that the program was very slow to start but it eventually did and I was able to open returns, efile and print.

Lynn