ATX Community

8863 being rejected. Anyone else having issues?

Eli

Re-check the Education info worksheet and 8863.....on one of mine, the program inserted an additional column beside the existing student and pulled some, but not all of the information to the new column. Once I moved the information back to the correct student column, the extra column disappeared and I was able to create, transmit and get acceptance.

• Like 1

Updated 2-18-2013 IRS reject 005 pertaining to Form 8863

NonrefundableEducationCrGroup[1]XML ErrorThe XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-complex-type.2.4.b. The content of element 'IRS8863' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.irs.gov/efile":StudentAndEducationalInstnGrp}' is expected.X0000-005Reject And StopThe XML data has failed schema validation.XML ErrorEF1120,VVV116

The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-complex-type.2.4.b. The content of element 'IRS8863' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.irs.gov/efile":StudentAndEducationalInstnGrp}' is expected.

Solution-- The 8863 will be updated mid-morning tomorrow. Download that updated form, create a new efile, and send.

• 2 weeks later...

My 8863 is also being rejected and I get the following message:

Field/Xpath: /efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS8863[1]/efile:StudentAndEducationalInstnGrp[1]/efile:EducationalInstitutionGroup[2]/efile:CurrentYear1098TReceivedInd[1]

Issue : Business Rule X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation.

Can some one help me

I had one accepted right off the bat - - only to have the credit deleted from the deposited refund - -now we wait for the correspondance

One small step for preparer-kind - - -sigh

:wall:

With some users reporting that data is disappearing from returns and some have noticed that the efile created by the system differs from the signed 8879, did you go back into the return to verify that the 8863 was actually transmitted with the efiled return?