ATX Community

NT - Health Update and thank you

kcjenkins

That's fantastic! No further treatment, no monthly follow-ups, you are great. Keep feeling better. Can you laugh now?! Handle a big belly laugh yet?

Small laugh is OK, big one still hurts. I was in real pain when told this one:

Cleaning a home with kids in it is like brushing your teeth while eating an Oreo.

• Like 3

An Irish Priest was transferred to Texas. . You gotta love the Irish. Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish.

He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. Then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.

The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the Irish accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a moment. . .

Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, me lad; 'tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."

• Like 1

Glad to hear your laugh is healing too, KC.

True story: Many years ago my father had kidney surgery with an incision that went around his body. (We teased him about them cutting him apart so they could work in two operating rooms.) Our minister visited Daddy in the hospital and joked and had him laughing and crying in pain; Daddy joked right back and cracked up the minister, too. The patient next door stormed in and told them to quiet down. So, our minister opened his arms, bowed his head, and boomed out, "LET US PRAY." The embarrassed patient slinked out. And, Daddy couldn't stop laughing!

PS I think our minister visited the neighboring patient, also.

• Like 1