ATX Community

Reverting from 12.11 to 12.10?

Jack from Ohio

Does anyone know if there has been posted information about rolling back? 12.11 crippled us big time here at the firm. It was not good before 12.11, and now it is even worse.

Class action lawsuit is ever present in my mind. Costing us thousands of dollars and the inability to take care of our customers in a timely manner means that it will cost us next year.

This is from the other board

A. My experience has been this: 1. You must uninstall the software using the "Uninstall" feature on the ATX Install Disk. You will NOT have good results if you attempt to uninstall using the operating system (Windows) uninstall feature.
2. You must then reinstall the software using the original installation disk. You will need your install codes.
3. You may then update to the version that suits your fancy. (Assumes you have retained that version of the update.) These are available somewhere, but I can't recall where I found them.)
Warning: If these steps are unclear or confusing, do not attempt this procedure.There are some suggestions on the other board regarding this.

B. Using Win 7, I have managed to uninstall the program (without losing an client data or program settings) then reinstall it from the original disk. I had to reinstall all the form updates - not a big deal. Then I was able to apply whatever program update (in my case 12.6) I wanted. All updates are supposed to be cumulative - that is, they contain the earlier changes.

Windows restore points may also help.

I can't image all the grief I would have had if I was running Win XP.

C. Looks like you can download prior updates with the following link:

http://download.cchsfs.com/tech/atx/atx2012.update.12.xx.exe

substitute the update number for the xx

I just downloaded the 12.10 update this way.

I still have the download files for 12.10 if someone wants them and cannot find them on the official site. PM me.

I shelled out for Drake and have had to use it on several returns where ATX just froze; would not even let me open one return (crash), would not let me print another return (crash), would not let me.... you know the drill. Just those several returns paid for Drake (which format I really do NOT like), kept my customers happy, and me sane. Or as sane as I ever get, anyway.

• Like 1