ATX Community

Any news on ATX Updates that work ??

FLORIDA TAX MAN

12.10 is the last I will recommend. 12.11 has crippled production on our domain network.

Standalone installations are different. 12.11 did not seem to damage my standalone installation at my private practice.

WIN7 PRO 64 bit is the OS of choice for this program. At the firm, we see sustantial difference between 32 bit and 64 bit WIN7 PRO.

• Like 1

I received an email from ATX yesterday telling me that update 12.11 was now available but I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole until I have no other choice. 12.10 is working marginally well for me right now and I see no reason to tempt fate.

• Like 1

Question...does anyone know if the program issues are mainly network setups? I am the only one prepping and really think about moving the entire program to my computer (Window7 pro 64 bit) and running it as if it is a stand alone? Any thoughts?

Those of us with standalone seem to be doing much better than networks. Knock on Wood!

Those of us with standalone seem to be doing much better than networks. Knock on Wood!

That is reality. I have standalone at home and have 5% of the problems we have at the firm on our domain server network. As I hear more and more "dodging the issue" from tech support, I am convinced that the network issue is not being actively corrected, nor will it be.

I actally spoke to a tech support person after being on hold only 45 minutes. After a 40 minute talk with the "tech support person" and teaching her file and folder access restrictions in WIN7 and Server 2008, I politely asked for someone who knew how to troubleshoot the program. She told me that no supervisors were available.

I was also told that the issues that were supposedly "expedited" up to the Development Department on Wed. March 13, "had not been looked at yet and there is no update to fix them." I hung up and called a Drake Rep.

The only tech person that ATX has is the Janitor from New Delhi.

"What you say sir...i put file in trash bin...you no remove...it will be picked up tommorrow...please sir do not touch files in trash...What Win 7....sorry I no wash 7 windows...i no wash window at all ...you go now.....you very very bad man !!! I go now."

• Like 1

I hear that ATX version 12.76.11.123458 will work like a charm!

Estimated release date 03/30/2017!

And by that time Kimmie may have retired and I cound get back on the other board.....And maybe Taylor Swift will have married me and not written a song about me....And maybe they will bring back some of my favorite TV shows....like TWIN PEAKS !!

Oh me Lucky Charms List is a long one indeed.