ATX Community

On a more positive note

rfassett

Just had one of my monthly write-up clients drive in from about 20 miles away to pick up her tax return and she said "you know Ron, we have been together for 17 years". My response after picking myself up off the floor was, "are you kidding me?" So hard to believe - and we have been through a lot together including the loss of her late husband. A celebratory hug was in order. Would that they were all that nice and appreciative of our services.

• Like 5

That's so nice! I had a little lady pay me $100 for her $85 return because I had faxed some paperwork for her. Then she had to come back the next day and have me fax it again because she had completed something incorrectly. I really did not mind at all, but she appreciated it so much, and gave me a big hug. I almost cried.

Then, this jack@$$ came in and I snapped out of it. :P

• Like 5

We have a "no jack@$$'s allowed" policy. Of course occasionally one does slip through the cracks and I will give them one season to conform and then it is hit the road. I have one right now that I do not have a good feel for. He is a referral from another long term monthly client and he mailed me his stuff with a note that said he would prefer my not signing the return. I will call him tomorrow to be certain that was an erroneous note, otherwise I will ask where he wants his stuff mailed.

• Like 1

I just had one where I sent an email saying if you don't want me to report your 599 of rental income, I'll file your extension but you'll have to find another preparer. She agreed to report it, and apologized for being paranoid. Turns out she hadn't wanted to give her SSN to the tenant since she'd never met them. She did this summer and is now ok with it. Now onto the next one....

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

i don't want any landlord to give their ss# to a tenant. A tenant is entitled to a written receipt for rent paid.

Does your state allow a tenant to deduct rent on the state return? What info is required (name and address of landlord).

That's so nice! I had a little lady pay me $100 for her $85 return because I had faxed some paperwork for her. Then she had to come back the next day and have me fax it again because she had completed something incorrectly. I really did not mind at all, but she appreciated it so much, and gave me a big hug. I almost cried.

Then, this jack@$$ came in and I snapped out of it. :P

Dang Rita, here I was thinking you had a softer side, then you pull this out.

I am still very afraid of you and am very glad the Rockies and the Sierra Nevadas are between us.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2

Dang Rita, here I was thinking you had a softer side, then you pull this out.

I am still very afraid of you and am very glad the Rockies and the Sierra Nevadas are between us.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I have wanted to see the Grand Canyon ever since the Brady Bunch went. Let's meet up!

• Like 2

Can we please wait a week. I honestly don't feel like I have the energy to even lift a pencil. I even tried to get excited about going and .... Well, there ya go, lost my train of thought.

Or we can just drag you around on those stretcher-type deals made out of poles and saddle blankets they had on Gunsmoke when somebody got snake bit. How about that? I'm pumped.

• Like 2

There are a couple of mule routes at the Grand Canyon.

One begins early in the morning and takes about 5 hours down, an overnight stay at Phantom Ranch, and 6 hours back up the next day.

If you're in more of a hurry, the other one begins at the same time, but it only takes 20 seconds and two bounces to get down to the ranch.

• Like 3

There are a couple of mule routes at the Grand Canyon.

One begins early in the morning and takes about 5 hours down, an overnight stay at Phantom Ranch, and 6 hours back up the next day.

If you're in more of a hurry, the other one begins at the same time, but it only takes 20 seconds and two bounces to get down to the ranch.

Note there is no time estimate for the return trip on the second option, since they never know how long it will take for the morgue's helicopter to show up. :dunno:

• Like 1