ATX Community

Extention Deadline-What time is it?

Taxizen

I tried to send one through ATX at 11:10 pm Central time and though it was "created," I was not allowed to transmit it. BUT - I needed to send a good-sized direct debit with it. I went to my Plan B to efile it, but I haven't yet received confirmation (as promised) that it was transmitted to the IRS. I will be chasing down that direct debit in the morning. OY!!

what' the story with the debit...if i mail an extension on 4/15...irs not get money until 4/18

so if i do a dr this late on 4/15, what's the detriment

my issue right now is that my debits have not been paid

including my own extension payment

I had - in a panic as I said - filed it through irs.gov. This morning I got an email message that the IRS has my filing - tho not yet accepted or rejected. I wonder how long it will take for the IRS to "take" the direct debit. That is -- if the 4868 is accepted. On 4/14 I filed a 1040 plus direct debit through ATX - with a sizeable direct debit - and the client tells me no money has been transferred. She is very antsy. This is gonna be a very long "after Tax Day."

my debits are delayed..i'm not so nervous as long as the extension is timely...late payment is 1/2 of 1% penalty

and i feel if i have proof i transmitted before 4/15 shouldn't be aproblem; though i'd be happier if the money came out

when it was supposed to

Guest Taxed

CCH sent an alert last night that the IRS was backed up and they wanted all e-files to reach EFC by 10pm EST! I had to hurry up and transmit to make the deadline. Still waiting on the ACKs it says submitted to EFC since last night.

If you get a rejection then you have 5 business days tp fix it and it will be considered timely filed. I am not worried about when the actual debit takes place because the date I put in all my balance due returns is 4/15 unless client wants to pay early ( very rare).

I would save all the transmittal reports until you get the ACK back.

Is anyone else seeing delays in IRS taking the direct debits? Client e-mailed yesterday that the debit scheduled for 4/2/13 had not come out yet. Since I didn't have a lot of time, I just asked if the account # was correct & to check to see if the bank had any info about an error. He said he was planning to mail a paper check (don't know if he did or not).

I checked on my extension and the direct debit I scheduled for 4/12 had not come out yet.

Is it IRS or CCH (I'm using TaxWise) or is everything just taking too long?

Guest Taxed

IRS is backed up, I saw an alert somewhere. As long as i get the ACKs stamped 4/15 I am happy!

I warned all my clients with direct debit to make sure funds are available in that account until IRS debit, do NOT overdraw that amount.