ATX Community

NT Happy Father's Day

Guest Taxed

Daniel, 6'2", Nathan 6'4". Me 5'9" Linda 5'2"

It was a big day in Daniel's life when he grew taller than Dad! Actually happened his Freshman year.

My husband is 5'9" and our two boys are 6'3" and 6'4".....go figure. (Junk food???????????) Glad you had a great Father's Day. "We" did too.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

>>>My husband is 5'9" and our two boys are 6'3" and 6'4".....go figure. (Junk food???????????)<<<

According to news reports the average American is 1 inch taller than a decade back. You can tell that by comparing the size of high school kids today compared to what it was when we were in HS!

Thanks to McDonalds and Burger King!

I was kidding about the junk food. We never had money for that. My boys grew up on homemade bread, jam, canned fruits and vegetables and home-cooked meals. They also played outside in the fresh air. But, so do all of those things apply to my husband to an even greater degree. His parents were much poorer than we were, but his Mom could whip up a great meal from seemingly nothing. :dunno: