ATX Community

Happy 4th.

Guest Taxed

Guest Taxed

Wish everybody a happy 4th. Enjoy the parade and fireworks. Here is a Chicken recipe you may want to try for your cookout.

Cracked Pepper Chicken

Ingredients

1 Large boneless Chicken Breast

1 Onion finely sliced

1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste

1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste

2 Tablespoon freshly cracked Peppercorn

2 Tablespoon Vinegar

2 Tablespoon olive oil

Salt to taste

Method

Ginger and Garlic paste can be made in a food processer if not readily available at your grocery store.

Mix pepper, ginger, garlic, and vinegar. With a fork prick a few holes in the chicken. Mix it good and put it in a freezer bag.

Marinate for 3-4 hours.

Heat oil in a sauce pan and fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Set aside to garnish the chicken before serving.

Grill chicken on high heat after brushing olive oil and salt to taste. Use a probe thermometer to check internal temp. About 165 to 180F for well done is good.

You can also bake the Chicken at 300F for 20 minutes instead of grilling.

You can substitute Teriyaki sauce or Soy sauce for Vinegar if you like it sweeter

• Like 1

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/complete/2013-07-02

Actually he was back at the office on 7/2 well before the 4th celebrations!

No public schedule July 3, 2013

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/complete/2013-07-03

No public schedule July 4, 2013

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/complete/2013-07-04

You decide. If he is not seen, is he really in the country?? Why would the President of the United States of America have no public events on July 3 & 4? With all the deceit we have seen from Washington D.C. tell me why I should not be skeptical?

• Like 1

I am sorry if my posts are "upsetting" you. I refuse to be apathetic about what is happening with the administration in D.C. To celebrate the most important day in our Country's history and ignore what is happening to it is exactly the mindset that will, if allowed to continue unchecked, destroy the rest of the United States I grew up in and have grown to love.

So, if "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" is more important than the future of our nation, continue to ask me to be silent. If the mods think I am out of line, they can ban me.

God Bless America and The United States of America.

• Like 2

Guest Taxed

Are you saying that this is all a lie? There is video footage. A plane load of reporters were on AF 1.

You can disagree with the administration politically but to say that he is unpatriotic as a President really shows how far certain conservatives are going to go to be totally dismissive. In my opinion it actually hurts your side.

• Like 1

I am sorry if my posts are "upsetting" you. I refuse to be apathetic about what is happening with the administration in D.C. To celebrate the most important day in our Country's history and ignore what is happening to it is exactly the mindset that will, if allowed to continue unchecked, destroy the rest of the United States I grew up in and have grown to love.

So, if "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" is more important than the future of our nation, continue to ask me to be silent. If the mods think I am out of line, they can ban me.

God Bless America and The United States of America.

Jack, this isn't upsetting me at all. You may think and believe whatever you want to about any individual that holds public office. What I do have a problem with is you interjecting this into a thread that was intended simply to wish each other a happy and enjoyable holiday, and I suspect that your intentions are not only to voice your opinion, but also to stir up trouble in a thread created by Taxed. You may not like someone or their opinions, but after the heat that Taxed was taking earlier this year, let's be clear that the derailment of this thread has your name on it. Also, your same post appeared in another thread as a laugh. You could have also chosen to start a new thread to discuss the President as well, but you decided to put your passive aggressive BS in this thread instead.

Another issue I do have a problem with anyone of any party talking in a disrespectful tone about any President. I know you will disagree with this and you will spew all of the hate that your side always does. Our President has an incredibly hard job to do, and calling our current President names such as Honey Boo Boo does nothing to promote your conservative agenda. I also think that this hurts your side.

If you want to know what all the other Presidents did on their 4ths, lmgtfy: http://gurukul.american.edu/heintze/FourthPres.htm

Interesting information in the link you posted. It speaks for itself. It is also incomplete since the last entry is for 2011.

Your response to me makes my point about the problem our country is facing.

I do not have a "side." My ability to observe, be informed, make my decisions and express my opinions do NOT depend on whatever "side" you may think I am on.

The United States is on the track of a downhill train wreck and majority of Americans do not want to see, hear or even talk about it. If there is a "side" I am on, it is the side of the people of the United States and restoring the greatness and direction that made our country the greatest place in the world to live. (At least for now)

My position stands. If I have infringed and get just one person to start looking, investigating, leaning or CARING, I will listen to you rant.

I am very calm and not ranting at all. You seem to be with your post in bold though.

For the record, President Obama hosted, and attended, a picnic yesterday on the lawn of the White House for about 1200 military and their families, gave a short speech, greeted people at the rope line, watched the fireworks set off on the Mall, and celebrated his daughter's birthday. He had a similar picnic at the WH for military in 2012.

You can google it and find the pictures from news media sites, or you can go to your official WH site and click on blog, scroll down and see the pictures and videos from yesterday's activities.

Guest Taxed

>>>The United States is on the track of a downhill train wreck and majority of Americans do not want to see, hear or even talk about it.<<<

Isn't that a matter of opinion? That's why we have elections. Your vote has the same weight as mine.

I would like to see every American citizen engaged in the political process. Too many young people these days fail to register to vote.

Your vote has the same weight as mine.

I would like to see every American citizen engaged in the political process. Too many young people these days fail to register to vote.

The only vote that has any real weight is an informed vote. Ask a number of people: "Why did you vote the way you did?" The overwhelming majority had no solid factual answer.

The bigger problem is low information voters. If the number of voters that are "engaged" by knowing why they vote the way they vote, the flavor of our Congress and Senate would change drastically. The disease of apathetic ignorance is killing our country and electing the conductor of the runaway train.

Yes, it is my opinion. You will be hard pressed to show me any factual evidence to the contrary.

• Like 2

The only vote that has any real weight is an informed vote. Ask a number of people: "Why did you vote the way you did?" The overwhelming majority had no solid factual answer.

The bigger problem is low information voters. If the number of voters that are "engaged" by knowing why they vote the way they vote, the flavor of our Congress and Senate would change drastically. The disease of apathetic ignorance is killing our country and electing the conductor of the runaway train.

Yes, it is my opinion. You will be hard pressed to show me any factual evidence to the contrary.

I was assuming this is what you meant with the "Honey BooBoo" reference, Jack?

Jack, I agree with you 100% about uninformed voters. I will never forget sitting in a jury pool in mid May, 2011 and waiting for selection when one young man said he was going to vote for Palin, all because she is good looking. My only guess could be that he had no idea that it wasn't an election year and not that Palin was not running. I was not directly in his circle of conversation, but no one said a word to him in response. I could only hope that those others were not as uninformed as he was, but I had serious doubts about them too.

And Jack, I offer my apology to you for my saying you called our President disrespectful names. I thought you were calling him Honey Boo Boo. I *think* that is some sort of television show, yes? If it is, I haven't seen it as I don't watch much television. Some other member called the President some names, but I don't remember who it was now, but I don't think it's ever been you. I am sorry.

Guest Taxed

>>>The only vote that has any real weight is an informed vote. Ask a number of people: "Why did you vote the way you did?" The overwhelming majority had no solid factual answer.<<<

There are uninformed voters on both sides but it appears Ms. Palin and Ms. Bachman have captured the lion's share!

I would love to see these 2 characters win the Republican primary.

I thought you were calling him Honey Boo Boo. I *think* that is some sort of television show, yes? If it is, I haven't seen it as I don't watch much television.

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a reality television program on TLC that features seven-year-old child beauty pageant participant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, along with her mother June Shannon… en.wikipedia.org

The series premiere episode attained a 1.6 in the 18–49 demographic, attracting 2.2 million viewers.[2] The series was one of TLC's highest-rated shows in its first season.[3] The August 29 episode, airing on Wednesday night during the 2012 Republican National Convention, attracted almost 3 million viewers and scored a 1.3 rating with those 18–49, the highest rating that night with the age group of any cable program,[4] though about 20 million in all were watching the convention. Fox News convention coverage was second in the time period with a 1.2 rating, followed by NBC coverage with 1.1.[5]

Criticism Critical reaction to the series has been mixed, with some characterizing the show as "offensive", "outrageous" and "exploitative", and others calling it "must-see TV".[6][7]

The A.V. Club called the first episode a "horror story posing as a reality television program,"[8] with others worrying about potential child exploitation.[9]

James Poniewozik mostly praised the show, but criticized the producers for "the way that the show seems to assume that those viewers will look at this family and the world."[10]

A reviewer for Forbes criticized TLC as trying to "portray Alana's family as a horde of lice-picking, lard-eating, nose-thumbing hooligans south of theMason–Dixon line," stating that "it falls flat, because there’s no true dysfunction here, save for the beauty pageant stuff."[11]

The Guardian also criticized the attempt to portray the Thompsons as people to "point and snicker at," saying, "none of the women or girls who participate in the show seems to hate themselves for their poverty, their weight, their less-than-urbane lifestyle, or the ways in which they diverge from the socially-acceptable beauty standard."[12]

The Hollywood Reporter pronounced the show "horrifying" explaining, "You know this show is exploitation. TLC knows it. Maybe even Mama and HBB know it, deep down in their rotund bodies. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a car crash, and everybody rubber-necks at a car crash, right? It’s human nature. Yes, except that if you play that card, you also have to realize that human nature comes with the capacity to draw a line, to hold fast against the dehumanization and incremental tearing down of the social fabric, even if this never-ending onslaught of reality television suggests that’s a losing effort. You can say no to visual exploitation. You can say no to TLC. And you can say no to Honey Boo Boo Child. Somebody has to."[13]

June Shannon herself has been criticized for her daughter's diet, which includes "Go Go Juice", a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew that contains as much caffeine as two cups of coffee. The mix is used to get her daughter ready for pageants. Shannon has responded to this criticism saying. "There are far worse things... I could be giving her alcohol."[1] She has also been praised by Mother Nature Network for her "keen business sense" with which she feeds her family on $80 a week by clipping copious coupons, playing Bingo, exploiting roadkill, and acquiring child-support checks from each of her four children’s fathers.[3]

The animated TV series South Park lampooned the show's stars in its season 16 episode "Raising the Bar".[14]

The show was criticized by TV Guide in their "Cheers & Jeers 2012" issue, which comments, "Jeers to Here Comes Honey Boo Boo for existing. Alana Thompson and her family have lowered the TV bar to new depths while introducing viewers to the terms 'forklift foot' and 'neck crust.' In a word, ewww."[15]

The animated TV series MAD parodied the TV show called "Here Comes Yogi Boo Boo".

Praise

Out praised the show, after she endorsed her gay paternal uncle Lee Thompson (nicknamed Poodle) with the statement, "Ain't nothing wrong with bein' a little gay," writing that "America can learn from the seven-year-old reality star Alana Thompson... a clear message of equality..." Out noted that her acceptance of her gay relative "confounded" the stereotype of the "redneck" working-class, conservative Southern white female.[16]