ATX Community

Took a Little Time Off

mcb39

Because I took a tumble backwards down my Granddaughter's basement steps when we were getting things ready for her baby shower. I've been reading all the posts, but not commenting much. It turns out that I am fine. Saw my Orthopedic Dr today and the shoulder we thought was separated is just bruised. Aside from a very variegated right side and some minor aches and pains, I am OK. I am also aware of how blessed I am as things could have turned out so very much worse. Today I got to throw away the sling so I can type decently. Just in time for the first day of beta testing.

I am very happy to be here and able to look forward to another tax season. :)

I don't expect you all to comment or commiserate about this. Just letting you know where I have been and that Grandma's have to learn to be more careful.

• Like 6

Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt. take care of yourself and hope you recover 100% soon. I broke my right ankle few years back and it still bothers me, especially when it is very cold or humid.

• Like 1

Wow, that must have been a scare for everyone. I'm glad you are on the mend and continue on with no lasting effects.

Orthopedic Doc said I should be 100% by Halloween. He should know because he operated on this injured shoulder in 2005. I really do appreciate all the concern and good wishes. Now, if clients would just quit interrupting my beta testing! :read: Yes, it was a huge scare for my family. Not so much what happened, but what could have happened. I never have been one to sit around. Am used to doing things for myself. Went blackberry picking Sunday with my arm in the sling.

• Like 2