ATX Community

Healthcare.Gov site very slow

Guest Taxed

Folks if you are getting calls from your clients that the site is slow or gives this error message:

The System is down at the moment.

We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Please include the reference ID below if you wish to contact us at 1-800-318-2596 for support.

Error from: https%3A//www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global/en_US/registratio

Recommend they wait for 2 more weeks before trying.

There is a lot of traffic at the site slowing things down. It is to be expected.

I think the Dept. of HHS needs to get on TV and radio and alert people. There is no real rush to do this today or even this week. If you need coverage on Jan 1, then you got until 12/15. Or you can even wait till March of 2014.

Hopefully the glitches will be worked out in a week or two.

Do you mean healthcare.gov? Because I have been trying all day and no luck

I tried and got right on this morning, and just tried again and had no problem at all. Clicking through the screens works without any lag too. Our state's blue cross site was a little slow loading first thing this a.m., but an hour later it loaded without delay too.

It is much better today. No timeouts just the hour glass on some pages.

A Republican member of the house was on TV complaining about the outages yesterday and saying that a 14 yr old kid could design a better website that would not crash, and hence Obamacare is not ready for primetime and should be delayed??

What planet did this guy come from??

Microsoft you better hire this 14 yr old kid???

No I am not a techie, but I can see that that ATX beta testing is in good hands in a person like you who agrees that a 14 yr old could have designed a better website that does not crash. Did it cross your mind that it could be due to extremely high volume??

You challenging my tech skills is like Oprah Winfrey challenging Peyton Manning about his football skills.

All you can do is make fun because you have nothing else to contribute in the technology field.

I am ROFLMAO at you for that post.

You have officially proven your mindlessness and blind rage driving you. You should start a comedy show.

NO I am not challenging your technical skills because I am not a techie.

BUT another member on this board is eminently qualified to challenge you on your technical prowess. As a matter of fact he already did on another thread. Go Read it...

You see you are not that big know it all beta tester after all??

I agree, Michael. I just warned them on another thread. I hope it stops now.

Yes it will, unless provoked with personal attack.

You guys can check the threads to see how it got started.

Hopefully they have figured what is causing most of the major glitches and they are able to fix it.

Sometimes Govt. programmers do not think logically. I will give you an example. Here in MA we have to create an account (username and password) just to check on refund status for state return. I must have written a dozen times to change MADOR to mimic IRS site where if you enter the primary ss# and the refund expected it should tell the taxpayer the status of refund processing.

What is the point of forcing a taxpayer to create an account just to check refund status?? I don't get it.

So far it has fallen on deaf ears and I get a nice letter "thanks for your suggestion".