ATX Community

Paid in Estimates?

mcb39

Pretty hard to get a 2848 from a deceased person. Son and heir is in and out of town and time is running out. Waiting for last important piece of info regarding in-home hospice care which will make all the difference in the world to this return. I will file it then and expect the IRS to make the adjustments if indeed estimates were paid in. These people have had since July of 2012 to get the stuff together. Now, in the final week, they wonder how Mom's tax return is coming. She received a 1099-Int for $26094 of Bond Interest.

Actually, the only thing gone from e-services is the ability to enter the power of attorney electronically. If you have a power of attorney on file, you can get transcripts using e-services I believe,

I wasn't even able to get into e-services last night. I really have never found them very helpful anyway. The IRS is expecting us to work with a broken system, but our due dates remain the same.

The IRS is pretty good in knowing if you made estimated tax payments, put them tax return and sit and wait, if your client gets a letter disallowing the ES payments then they never made any. One of my client once gave me a January 15 (prior year) payment and it was supposed to be the other January 15 payment, in the letter they disallowed the prior year and gave them credit for other payment.

• Like 1