ATX Community

Finished.......

mcb39

My own goes on extension because I am never sure how much I can fund my 401(k). Employer contributions can go in until 10/15, so I kinda wait until my end of season billing starts coming in. I used to always file early, then got too busy to get my books done. Chelle keeps them up to date each month now though! I love having an assistant.

All the clients that actually got me their stuff are transmitted. Whew. Now I can get back to the business of booking hotels & trains for my next vacation & a CPE conference in December.

• Like 1

But I do start mine first to try out the software and start playing around in it. This year was a b*tch because I had nothing to test until the end of January..

Well my last last-minute client was amazed I got them done (8:47pm transmit time) and is not complaining about the bill.

Oh crap one of them rejected; I sent in the proforma federal for an RDP client. Oh crap, oh crap oh crap....

Sent my last return after 11:00. Thought that "linked" meant the state would go with the federal (I'm used to the terms piggyback and stand alone. TaxWise uses linked and unlinked.) But I had that wrong. So I waited for fed to ack, which it did a bit after 11:55. Went to send the state and hit software glitch (corrupted e-file). By the time I shut down the software, deleted the e-file & "ratstorage", restarted software & resent OK state return, it was 12:03.

Oh, well, it's done now.

Did you run diagnostics before preparing the e-file? If you immediately close the return after diagnostic passes it prevents corruption. If you move between fields but not even change, i have noticed e-file corruption.

Then when you go to transmit you can check if you want to send the fed, state or both together or you can send separate. I recommend sending separate for those states that are standalone.

It was recommend months ago to send them separately. You have to put a check in the box at the top of the State Efile info page. You create them both, but only Federal gets transmitted. When they ack comes back from Fed, the State changes automatically from Held to Created and is ready to send. I have had no problems using this method. It was harder to get used to here because WI has always been a piggyback state.