ATX Community

Happy Halloween

Elrod

Can anyone besides me see who Halloween honors when we make light of demons and witches?

We don't believe in ghosts, demons, or flying witches, so as far as I can tell, we're only honoring Type 2 Diabetes with candy consumption.

Either that, or The Great Pumpkin. *shrug*

The cold rainy weather is putting a damper for the kids fun night. It is about 8 pm and we only had a handful of kids come all wet. Usually the door bell does not stop ringing from 6 to 8pm if the weather is good?

Eric they are adorable!!

We had a couple of kids with parents and then several sets of multi-family groups. Fortunately here the rain had tapered to drizzle and then just damp. And the temps have been rising -- ten degrees warmer now than at 4PM. Kids were vaguely damp but in excellent spirits. However, there were far fewer than we've had in the past. Lots of extra candy for my husband to bring in to work. We'll keep a few pieces here of personal favorites and ship out the rest. After all, if it stays here it either goes to waste or to waist. We don't like either alternative very much!

I live in a rural area where I never got trick or treaters, so I participate in trunk or treat at church. The rain held off this year, so we had about 700+ kids come by our car! I love seein the costumes, especially the younger ones. I had one little girl that finally opened her bag but as soon as I put candy in her bag, she reached in and took candy out and put it in my bowl. She was my favorite this year.

• Like 3