ATX Community

ATX 2013 Information to clear up confusion

Jack from Ohio

Hi Jack,

Do you think a pc with AMD A8 processor is sufficient for the new 2013 ATX Tax software? The PC that I'm about to purchase listed the processor as AMD A8 6700 processor which I cannot find it anywhere. That spec could be an error from Staples. However, from what I have gathered, the minimum speed for AMD A8 line is 2.4 GHz, quad cores. Would this be enough for a standalone pc? Everything else should meets or exceeds the requirement.

Thank you for your help

Hi Jack,

Do you think a pc with AMD A8 processor is sufficient for the new 2013 ATX Tax software? The PC that I'm about to purchase listed the processor as AMD A8 6700 processor which I cannot find it anywhere. That spec could be an error from Staples. However, from what I have gathered, the minimum speed for AMD A8 line is 2.4 GHz, quad cores. Would this be enough for a standalone pc? Everything else should meets or exceeds the requirement.

Thank you for your help

As long as you get Windows 7 PRO as the operating system, that processor will be plenty for ATX 2013. No need for more than 4GB of RAM until next tax season. ATX 2013 cannot access more than 3.2GB of RAM.

Be sure to get a large hard drive, minimum of 500GB, and it should be good. If you need other information, send me a PM.

As long as you get Windows 7 PRO as the operating system, that processor will be plenty for ATX 2013. No need for more than 4GB of RAM until next tax season. ATX 2013 cannot access more than 3.2GB of RAM.

Be sure to get a large hard drive, minimum of 500GB, and it should be good. If you need other information, send me a PM.

Thanks so much for your help