ATX Community

Should I downgrade my PC to Window 7 Professional

>>> Anything that takes my hands off the keyboard, especially taking my right hand off the number pad, does NOT speed me up

Exactly my point. My laptop does not have a separate numeric keys so I had to buy a separate USB numeric key pad to input numbers when I am using the laptop.

When I developed shoulder problems about 4 years ago, the massage therapist suggested changing the mouse. It fixed everything and I have been using my left hand for that since.

When I was in my first accounting class I became very frustrated early on with having to put down my pencil every time I wanted to use the calculator. I trained myself to use my left hand for the calculator lo, those many years ago. I sits on my left side even now. It's actually harder for me to use a larger calculator with my right hand now, at least with any speed. Even old CPA's can be taught new tricks!

My back and neck ache just to think of reaching across the desk to touch the monitor. Anyway, I am left-handed (very) and use the mouse with my right hand. Can do the calculator or number pad easiest with right hand, though could use both. I guess this is because back in the day there were no concessions made for left handers. Everyone told me that I would never be able to learn how to type, write shorthand or use a calculator. All of my life, when I was told I couldn't do something because of being left handed; it was like lighting a fire under a powder keg. I learned how to knit by watching my mother-in-law's hands in a mirror. So, I get to hold the pencil in my left hand and use my right for the number pad. :wacko:

Now if only they would come up with a voice activated computer? Remember the Star Trek movie,where Scotty was talking to an apple mouse when they went back in time to save the Whales.

I have a computer stand opposite my desk, swivel around in my chair from computer to desk. My two monitors are currently at the back edge of the computer stand. I've already moved them to the front edge to see how it would be to use as touch. I have a pull out shelf for the keyboard. I must be odd for an accountant, never use the number pad. Still use the numbers at top of typewriter formation. My laptop doesn't have a number pad so I don't miss it at all. Can't imagine plugging in a number pad to laptop. I guess I'm different than most so I can easily see how touch monitors with a desktop will work for me. Using the mouse is annoying for me. I lose the cursor, swing mouse back and forth in long swipes. Click too fast sometimes in the wrong spot. So I guess I more ready to transition to more touch functionality.