ATX Community

My competitors have the forms I'm waiting for

schirallicpa

I said earlier; I am SICK of people complaining about these forms not being ready!!!! On TP Exchange, people are complaining about ATX. The other companies may not be printing 'DO NOT FILE' on the forms, but paper the paper filers returns are just stacking up at the service centeres. DOESN'T ANYONE READ THE FRICKIN' NEWS?

No, joanmcq, most don't read the news.

They all want their clients' RAL money NOW!

The people complaining about ATX are rejects from other

companies trying to make a fast buck out of desparate people.

They are also the same folks who complain EVERY year. See my earler post on this subject.

Personally, my family could use the money now, but have to wait for the 8863.

We are not desperate, because we budget well, but could still use it.

Remember GoZone a few years back? I received several hundred emails (literally) on that.

Some people are just DUMB. I am being serious here: In my last days as a supervisor at ATX, I took a call from someone calling from the airport, (the lady could barely speak English) who had heard from a relative living here that she could make money from "tax preparation loans".

WTF?

Monkeyman

I THINK YOU ARE LYING, BECAUSE THE IRS WILL NOT ACCEPT THOSE FORMS.

I hope other ProSeries users will expose your lie.

First off, KC, I have the greatest respect for all the advice you give, not only on this forum, but many others.

I did file 1 return with a 5695 and 1 with an 8863 on 2/1. As soon as I hit the send button, I thought, Oh crap! They were both accepted and the acceptance date shows on the 9325.

Was this a fluke? I don't know as I am holding the other returns with the affected forms until next week. I certainly did not mean to stir up trouble. I am not "trolling" as someone else suggested.

Sandy

Sandy, I think I overreacted, and for that I am very sorry. I hope you will forgive me, I know that I am over-tired and stressed, and I apologize for coming down on you like that.

I think what the difference might be is that some companies are taking the returns, and then holding them until the date the IRS will process them, while some are transmitting them anyway, because the IRS has said that if they get them, they will accept them but not process them until 2/11.

Just check my acknowledgments and there was a notice that states that starting Monday they will be able to transmit all of the forms we've been waiting for. They did ask however that we hold the returns until after the 6:00 p.m. drain. If we transmit before then they will be rejected by agency.

They also stated that due to the expected heavy volumes, IRS will be behind on their acknowledgements.

Hope this helps!

Deb!