ATX Community

I Just finished ATX installation and testing BUT

Pacun

I am happy that the programs works properly. I downloaded it this morning and installed it. I updated all the forms and I rolled over a client who left the documents yesterday. Everything worked well and I was able to create the 1040 efile file and then I printed. Last year when you printed after you created the efile file, you would get "rejected", but this year that's not the case.

I had one problem and it was a very stupid one from ATX programmers. I started downloading the ATX file and I was working on a translation and doing other things. Then when the program was downloaded, I started installation. I saw that ATX was updated or install .net 4.5. All the sudden my computer rebooted without any notice or warning. ATX is lucky I was not on my facebook, otherwise I would be really pissed if my computer rebooted while chatting with my friends.

Program seems to be very good this year. Let's have a nice tax season!!!

I am happy that the programs works properly. I downloaded it this morning and installed it. I updated all the forms and I rolled over a client who left the documents yesterday. Everything worked well and I was able to create the 1040 efile file and then I printed. Last year when you printed after you created the efile file, you would get "rejected", but this year that's not the case.

I had one problem and it was a very stupid one from ATX programmers. I started downloading the ATX file and I was working on a translation and doing other things. Then when the program was downloaded, I started installation. I saw that ATX was updated or install .net 4.5. All the sudden my computer rebooted without any notice or warning. ATX is lucky I was not on my facebook, otherwise I would be really pissed if my computer rebooted while chatting with my friends.

Program seems to be very good this year. Let's have a nice tax season!!!

If you had updated to net 4.5 last year, as recommended, the restart would not have happened.

Editor's note: My computer that I use to earn my living being rebooted to make the tax software reliable trumps my online chatting. Besides, FaceBook would have reopened and all your conversations would still be intact.

One thing this time, program does not want to recognize my printer as the default option. I've read the Help directions. Under Return Manager, Returns, Print Setup, my printer is really set as the default printer, and the program still wants to use "Send to OneNote 2013". It does default to my actual printer if I select the "Page" option. It's sorta like eating soup with a fork, not impossible but a PITA.

I'm sure it's just something with me, and somebody will tell me what stupid thing I'm doing to make the program not use the default that's set.

Also, It was not ATX that rebooted your computer but the Windows .Net Framework.

"That's not entirely accurate". ATX packaged .net 4.5. Programs normally state: "You must have .net 4.5 in order to install", but in my case, it was packaged by ATX if I am not mistaken... that's the reason my computer rebooted.

One thing this time, program does not want to recognize my printer as the default option. I've read the Help directions. Under Return Manager, Returns, Print Setup, my printer is really set as the default printer, and the program still wants to use "Send to OneNote 2013". It does default to my actual printer if I select the "Page" option. It's sorta like eating soup with a fork, not impossible but a PITA.

I'm sure it's just something with me, and somebody will tell me what stupid thing I'm doing to make the program not use the default that's set.

In Return Manager, click Returns in the toolbar, then click change printer. This setting overrides the computer default setting.

In Return Manager, click Returns in the toolbar, then click change printer. This setting overrides the computer default setting.

Why didn't I think of that?

Anybody else?

One thing this time, program does not want to recognize my printer as the default option. I've read the Help directions. Under Return Manager, Returns, Print Setup, my printer is really set as the default printer, and the program still wants to use "Send to OneNote 2013".

I posted my question on the other forum, and you have to check the default printer in all the Print Packets, too.