ATX Community

Cant get ATX 13 to open- Jack help!

joanmcq

I'm getting the error message: the program has encountered an unexpected error and needs to close. Its closed.

Last night my cat switched off my computer while I was working. the details to the error message are:

Session Summary Information:
Date/Time: 01/30/14 5:21:54 PM
ApplicationVersion: 13.2.1500.9
CommandLine: "C:Program Files (x86)CCH Small Firm ServicesATX2013ATX2013.exe"
CurrentCultureName: en-US
CurrentUICultureName: en-US
DnsDomainName:
Duration: 00:00:00.2184004
HostName: joancpa-PC
MemoryMB: 9207
OSArchitecture: Amd64
OSCultureName: en-US
OSFullNameWithServicePack: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
OSVersion: 6.1.7601
ProcessorCores: 8
RuntimeVersion: 4.0.30319.18052
TerminalServer: False
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Sfs.Core.Values.VariantFactoryRegistry' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:UsersjoancpaAppDataLocalCCH_Small_Firm_ServicesATX2013.exe_Url_aoodujt234ch3b2hzpyx45okilntq1qi13.2.1500.9user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_AppSettings()
at Sfs.Max.Shell.App.get_CanShowContinue()
at Sfs.Core.Values.VariantFactoryRegistry.RegisterRawValueFactory[T](Func`2 factory)
at Sfs.Runtime.ModuleInitializer.Run()
at .cctor()
at Sfs.Max.Shell.Bootstrapper.ConfigureContainer()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
at Sfs.Max.Shell.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

server computer still won't open the program, but it does open under either sign-in on the other workstation. However, I can't roll over any returns since they are all on the server computer since that was my only computer last year.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I need to call tech support tomorrow.

Who is logging on to the Windows server? is that a regular user or an administrator?

You should power down all workstation and boot up the Windows server by itself and try again. As Jack said it seems to be a HD corruption that a gracefully power down and boot up could solve.

Joan, have you loaded any new programs recently that may have changed the settings on your computer? The reboot may have then activated those changes.

Last week we installed firefox on one of our new computers. Several other junk programs appeared on the desktop. I couldn't open ATX 2013 on that computer. We uninstalled the new junk, ran malware, and were then able to open ATX. Our tech man actually did the work, so he may have made some additional adjustments to fix the problem that I don't have the details for.

I am sorry to hear of your struggles. Our problem was probably not the same issue that you are dealing with. Just throwing it into the mix here in case in some way it is helpful.

• Like 1

Tech support was able to fix it. I'm going to get the patch from Jack tomorrow.

Utterly stupid design on my HP. every other desktop has the power button on the front, not the top of the tower.

Take the front of the tower off. Not difficult. Then remove the button from the front. It will mean you have to use your finger to push down the stem of the switch, but your can will not be able to push it. I will be in contact tomorrow.