ATX Community

Is the13.3 update OK to do?

Cyclone

I have not done it yet (learned from last year to wait until the all clear).

The other ATX forum has users saying they can not get into ATX and others can not efile after doing the update.

ATX 2013 has been working great for me so far so I am hesitant to do anything to mess it up.

I am running Win 7 Pro on a network.

Tom,

Are you using the backup/ restore function to backup ?

Did you change the auto backup location to do so ?

Curious, because a lot of posters on the official board are having major problems with the backup/restore function ?

Messing with the auto backup locations has been a NO NO since the program release. There is a function to manually backup to an external drive. This is the ONLY method that will not cause trouble.

People REFUSE to listen.

DO NOT CHANGE THE DEFAULT BACKUP LOCATION IN THE ADMIN CONSOLE. PERIOD.

Tom,

Curious, because a lot of posters on the official board are having major problems with the backup/restore function ?

I am not doing anything different with the auto backup. I let that go to default. I do a second backup to flash drives. I just click on the button on the backup screen and point to my flash drive for the off site storage backup. The first time I did it, the process took about 20 minutes, but I think that is because it was backing up all the payers, form rates, etc.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

Tom,

Messing with the auto backup locations has been a NO NO since the program release. There is a function to manually backup to an external drive. This is the ONLY method that will not cause trouble.

People REFUSE to listen.

DO NOT CHANGE THE DEFAULT BACKUP LOCATION IN THE ADMIN CONSOLE. PERIOD.

Since you refuse to visit the official site, you have no idea what is being posted over there or whether or not those posters have changed the default location or not. Ranting over here isn't helping, and since the company published instructions, and one of their complementary training videos on the official site covers this topic that says changing the default IS possible, THIS MIGHT NOT BE ONLY ABOUT PEOPLE REFUSING TO LISTEN. MAYBE SOME OF THOSE ARE USERS THAT ARE HAVING TROUBLE AFTER FOLLOWING THE ATX-PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS AND TRAINING. Maybe the company should correct their website and delete the misinformation that is stated there and put out a PSA about the correction. :wall:

• Like 1

Since you refuse to visit the official site, you have no idea what is being posted over there or whether or not those posters have changed the default location or not. Ranting over here isn't helping, and since the company published instructions, and one of their complementary training videos on the official site covers this topic that says changing the default IS possible, THIS MIGHT NOT BE ONLY ABOUT PEOPLE REFUSING TO LISTEN. MAYBE SOME OF THOSE ARE USERS THAT ARE HAVING TROUBLE AFTER FOLLOWING THE ATX-PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS AND TRAINING. Maybe the company should correct their website and delete the misinformation that is stated there and put out a PSA about the correction. :wall:

Why don't you contact ATX and get them to change all that information. I know what has worked for me from day one, and the recommendations from the development team directly.

Choose to follow the path you think is best.

All technical and customer service personnel are not trained, or informed equally. This problem has existed since CCH bought ATX. That is why my connections to the developers has allowed me to have a smooth operation on all fronts.

, THIS MIGHT NOT BE ONLY ABOUT PEOPLE REFUSING TO LISTEN. MAYBE SOME OF THOSE ARE USERS THAT ARE HAVING TROUBLE AFTER FOLLOWING THE ATX-PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS AND TRAINING. Maybe the company should correct their website and delete the misinformation that is stated there and put out a PSA about the correction. :wall:

Certainly CCH should do that. But why are you yelling at Jack about it? He's just trying, rather successfully, to help people get the best possible results. Please give him credit for that. He has no power to make CCH do anything.

• Like 1

Certainly CCH should do that. But why are you yelling at Jack about it? He's just trying, rather successfully, to help people get the best possible results. Please give him credit for that. He has no power to make CCH do anything.

Because cbslee asked about backup and mentioned that a lot of posters on the official forum are having troubles with the backup/restore function, and Jack made his standard blanket remark about people not listening that he's made many times before, and also "Messing with the auto backup locations has been a NO NO since the program release".

I never said Jack should make CCH change the instructions, I said maybe the company should correct their website and put out a PSA, but he certainly shouldn't make blanket assumptions or statements about the people on the official forum or what they do since he hasn't been on there since April, 2007, and those people may be following the only advice they've officially been given by the company.