ATX Community

Combining Fed and State Client Letter

ETax847

Is anyone noticing problems when the combine fed and state client letters. The paragraph order seems to be messed up.

For example,

I have prepared your 2013 federal income tax return based on the information you provided. Please review the enclosed copy, then sign the IRS e-file Signature Authorization Form 8879 and return it to me. When I receive the signed authorization, I will e-file your return.
I have also prepared your 2013 Illinois 1040 individual income tax return based on the information you provided. Please review the enclosed copy, then sign the e-file Signature Authorization Form IL 8453 and return it to me. When I receive the signed authorization I will e-file your return.
As requested, your federal tax refund in the amount of $1,907 will be deposited directly to your checking account.
As requested, your Illinois 1040 tax refund of $96 will be deposited directly into your checking account.

in 2012, it put all the fed stuff together then all the state. PLEASE HELP!

I noticed that too, but not on all clients' letters. Very strange. I ended up 'copying and pasting' the letter into Word and then rearranging the paragraphs the way I want them. Not the best solution, but workable. I did not want to take the time to figure out how to change the paragraph order in the ATX program; re-doing it in Word was faster (for me) than learning ATX's programs work-arounds.

It doesn't matter if the client only read a small part or none of the letter...

I would want the letter to make sense. Otherwise, I look like I don't know what I am doing...

My letters have been ok.

What are you combining? Are you combining the ATX Federal Client Letter and State Letter? Or are you trying to add one of the template letters?

Rich

Is anyone noticing problems when the combine fed and state client letters. The paragraph order seems to be messed up.

For example,

I have prepared your 2013 federal income tax return based on the information you provided. Please review the enclosed copy, then sign the IRS e-file Signature Authorization Form 8879 and return it to me. When I receive the signed authorization, I will e-file your return.
I have also prepared your 2013 Illinois 1040 individual income tax return based on the information you provided. Please review the enclosed copy, then sign the e-file Signature Authorization Form IL 8453 and return it to me. When I receive the signed authorization I will e-file your return.
As requested, your federal tax refund in the amount of $1,907 will be deposited directly to your checking account.
As requested, your Illinois 1040 tax refund of $96 will be deposited directly into your checking account.

in 2012, it put all the fed stuff together then all the state. PLEASE HELP!

Is it possible that you somehow "moved" the paragraphs, lines, sections, etc.

From Manager - In options / preferences / client communications / (you can move the various segments for the different letters up or down).

Also from Manager / under "tools" / Client Communication Manager - will bring up letters and templates that allow you to move around the various paragraphs, lines, sections, etc.

If you did not move them and ATX support can not help -- then --- MS Word using copy and paste for your "final - client letter, etc." might be easiest.