ATX Community

NT / Dear Client 2014

RitaB

Dear Out-of-Town Client,

Thank you for leaving three messages yesterday saying you would be here today (Friday). I wasn't really clear on that Monday when you said you would be "in town" Friday, and I said that your return would be ready to pick up Friday. Thank you also that in message # 2 you advised that your cellular telephone would be in the console while you are en route should I need to reach you. Finally, thank you for updating that to "cup holder" in message # 3. Keep in touch.

• Like 9

Dear Client,

Yes, I filed your tax return. I guess I did not make myself very clear when I said that if you don't hear from me, everything is fine. Please refer to your client letter, as it will tell you how to find out from www.irs.gov when the money will arrive in your account. As to your 3rd and 4th texts about the projected 21 days that the IRS is stating they will take to get your refund to you, all I can say is call your congressman and ask him to get the IRS off their collective butts and process your refund.

FYI - due to the number of texts we have been exchanging today, I will be a little late from work tonight sweetheart, so please put my dinner in the microwave.

Your husband and tax preparer,

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 7

Dear Not Even A Client,

Thanks for stopping in at 3:59 and acknowledging that you read the sign on the door that said 8 - 4. Thanks for telling me your tax situation in five minutes, and your epic family history from hell in twenty minutes. No, really, it was fun for me. I will see you on Monday. Can't wait. 8 - 2. New hours for you.

• Like 6

Dear Tax Client,

It was great seeing you this morning. The appointment to drop off all your tax documents and self-employment info for 2013 really was NOT as important as what we ended up doing: hearing about how your sister set up QuickBooks for you. Once you make all the changes I listed for you to make, and finish getting around to entering the data, the reports you then print out will be really useful in eventually preparing your 2013 taxes. Until then, I'll just hold on to the one-and-only-one tax document you actually arrived with.

And in your copious free time, poke around at the long-overdue paperwork from 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2006. No rush; we'll get to those one of these years.

Also appreciate the $60 payment for the 1099s I sent out for you. You get me info for the one last guy you didn't realize you needed to send one to, and I'll get that last one on its way to him.

But I really enjoyed our hour and a half discussion.

• Like 7

Today must have been haunted. I had clients coming and going all day; with and without appointments. A Tues apt showed up today, a 3:30 appt showed up at 2:30; because she got out of work early. My 9:00 showed up at 11:00. In the meantime I had a client show up who never makes an appt and I have usually never let him past the front door. However, with the new office, he walked right in and interrupted my conversation with the client who did have an appt and was on time. When the walk-in left, I had to light candles to remove the aroma from the room.

Dear Above: I am going to have a very quiet nervous breakdown tonight and you may or may not ever see me again. Thank you for your inattention.

• Like 6

Dear new maybe client,

Yes we've only communicated by email and you never gave me your phone number. And I'm sorry you didn't read on my website that I work from home and have critters, one of which might be in the yard, so when you came to my address, you were not sure you were at the right place. I booked out two hours for your appointment since you have a complex tax matter, and I usually don't start on other work when I'm expecting an appointment, especially when my inside doggie doorbell goes off a few times and I go to the door to see if you've arrived. If you'd actually gotten out of your car you might have noticed me at the door. Or if you'd brought my phone number and used the cell phone you keep only for emergencies, we could have not wasted a bunch of time on both ends.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Dear Client,

I sat with you last week and showed you where to sign federal and state e-file authorizations.  Had you sign your section in both, and highlighted where your husband needs to sign.

Today's mail brought me the state form only.  

Did you already forget?  Did you think I didn't mean it, about needing the form?  Do you not want that hefty refund you were so happy about?  Do you think I need the aggravation of emailing you to remind you about the federal form?

Can I dope-slap you now?  I don't need this kind of foolish crap this of all years.  

• Like 8