ATX Community

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOU LEAVING MY THREADS ALONE.

FLORIDA TAX MAN

It is really SAD that people DO NOT READ what I said but see what they want to. It is really sad that I can not express MY OPINION without you turning it into some charge of ranting. It is really sad that my thread was locked.

I was having a discussion with Joel about ATX 2013 but apparently that is not allowed because some feel that is flaming the fans. Its really none of your business if Joel and I want to discuss a Topic. And our opinion disagrees with yours. Who asked you ?? Who are you to decide what topic we feel is relevant or not.

Who are you to decide we are trying to stir up discontent ?? Just because I did not renew ATX 2013 I am now not allowed to speak about it with my friends ??? Is this America or Russia.

I did not come on to your thread and attack. I did not post several threads so you could bring up "spamming charges" like the last time I visited.

This place is very unfriendly.

I realize you don't like my jokes or opinions. DON'T READ THEM.

FTM, I am the one who locked that thread. Not because of you, but just because the thread had gotten off into pointless bickering by others. I thought you had already gotten your answers from Joel. And that it was turning pointlessly petty. Which was not your fault, even if your non-use of ATX was the EXCUSE for the sniping. If you have more questions for Joel, you might find using the Private Message system to be beneficial.

You are certainly welcome to use the open board for any tax question, or practice management question. I'm sure you understand that non-users posting complaints about the program still used by the majority of our members is irritating to those who have made the decision to stay with it. So I'm asking you to ease off on that sort of post. We want this to be a friendly place. That is why the mods try to stop disagreements from turning into fights.

• Like 2

I'm sure you understand that non-users posting complaints about the program still used by the majority of our members is irritating to those who have made the decision to stay with it. So I'm asking you to ease off on that sort of post. We want this to be a friendly place. That is why the mods try to stop disagreements from turning into fights.

I agree with KC on this. I want to add that continuing to bring up the issues and complaints about last year's program is also irritating to those that have moved on to other software, because for some on here those troubles are still fresh, may have been very costly, and the sole reason other software was chosen. That is why I said in your other topic that it's time to put those posts to rest.

FTM:

Understand something:

Until you OWN the site, they are not and never will be "YOUR" Threads.

Sorry.

Your "First Amendment" rights end at the end of your voice, or your ability to write your own paper.

And this paper, as well as the ATX Official site is owned by somebody else.

I am involved with other online forums and in an official capacity.

KC and Judy are being nice to you. I would have you kicked out, either on a temp basis or permanently for posting actions that question moderation.

Rich

• Like 2

Joel and I were discussing ATX 2013 NOT 2012 !! He was showing me comments by others on 2013 and I was discussing how they had enough time ti fix 2012 so it was not being repeated in 2013. So I would appreciate if you would NOT make it out like we were rehashing 2012 to make your case against such topics.

It is clear you don't want anti-ATX remarks on this forum unless its by the preferred ones. And none of these people who are so called "iritated" have to read the thread, do they ??

I think this is a game: Someone comes in makes a few snide remarks. Others scream stop fighting you too and you use it as grounds to lock the thread.

I find many remarks made by others on here offensive but they never get punished.

I guess just like the official ATX boards if I pony up some money I would then be an ATX user and could comment all I wanted to about ATX good or bad. What a joke.

FTM:

Understand something:

Until you OWN the site, they are not and never will be "YOUR" Threads.

Sorry.

Your "First Amendment" rights end at the end of your voice, or your ability to write your own paper.

And this paper, as well as the ATX Official site is owned by somebody else.

I am involved with other online forums and in an official capacity.

KC and Judy are being nice to you. I would have you kicked out, either on a temp basis or permanently for posting actions that question moderation.

Rich

I find your comment offensive.

Wow....I think some of you should take a break...relax.

First of all...it's common for someone who started a thread to refer to it as "their thread".

FWIW...I use Tax Act too....and I love it.

I haven't had one problem or issue yet. And, when I read all these posts about "how to do this"...or "how to do that" on ATX...I thank "the tax gods" that my program is great. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :)

Florida Tax Man,

I find all of this quiet interesting.

I can understand why you are not allowed on the forums on ATX. Its cause where ever you end up. You cause nothing but strife and disharmony in a community.

I believe that you do this for some purpose. I have no reason, want or need to figure out this purpose. It does not interest me. I have better things to do with my time.

If you want to rant and rave. Go to Craigslist. They have a part of their community that is called Rants and Raves. its for people like yourself that continually have to complain or cause issues with others.

You have called this place unfriendly in your posts on here.

This is a good community of great people that help others solve problems. Be it tax, computer, or software problems. We gather together and create solutions or offer advice on these issues. I might not have a lot of posts, but I step in when I can.

So Here are a few questions that I will ask you.

What problem have you solved since your return on here?

What issue did you settle?

What solution did you provide?

The answer is simple. You have solved zero problems since you came here. Instead you created issues that were not there beforehand. You provide no solutions and almost had one of the members of the community stop doing what he does best. Which is help people in solving the problems before them.

So in closing, Either help out with the problems that people ask for assistance, but stop disrupting the ones who do help out and do care for the other people in this community of individuals.

• Like 1

Joel and I were discussing ATX 2013 NOT 2012 !! He was showing me comments by others on 2013 and I was discussing how they had enough time ti fix 2012 so it was not being repeated in 2013. So I would appreciate if you would NOT make it out like we were rehashing 2012 to make your case against such topics.

It is clear you don't want anti-ATX remarks on this forum unless its by the preferred ones. And none of these people who are so called "iritated" have to read the thread, do they ??

I think this is a game: Someone comes in makes a few snide remarks. Others scream stop fighting you too and you use it as grounds to lock the thread.

I find many remarks made by others on here offensive but they never get punished.

I guess just like the official ATX boards if I pony up some money I would then be an ATX user and could comment all I wanted to about ATX good or bad. What a joke.

I do understand that part of your post was expressing your concern about renewing with ATX for this season and why you ultimately chose other software. Whether or not you believe you weren't bashing 2012, it was implied by your saying you wanted it to be like it was in 2011, that the company had plenty of time to fix it for this year so as to not repeat the problems that 2012 had, that the beta testing was a coverup, something thrown in there about the big raven....

As far as offensive remarks going unpunished, you know firsthand that that is untrue. You've been visiting this forum over this past year, and I know this because I saw your unkind posts on the official forum about some of the members here, our posts, the moderation, and the creation of the politics subforum. You were aware that we put a warning point system in place, were warning people publicly within the topics, and that the forum is actively monitored and moderated as needed. Like everyone else on here, you also have the ability to report those posts or topic you find offensive and provide us with an explanation of why that is. Most of the time we have acted on those reports, and on rare occasion have made the choice that no action be taken, but we do give each report serious consideration.

There is no game being played here. We want this to be a friendly place where tax preparers come to get help, help others, and stay productive. That is the main focus and purpose of this community, and that means that some posts will report problems with the current ATX program as current users try to find solutions and share workarounds. If you choose to think of those people as "the preferred ones" then so be it. They are the ones that should be discussing the program. There is nothing to be gained by rehashing the disaster of last season, and the only times last year's program should come up are if someone's current work, program, or data file is affected by it, or if someone is preparing a late or amended return with it.

As far as you ponying up funds to purchase ATX and then being allowed to say whatever you want about ATX or CCH on here, that isn't the case. The official forum may allow those types of posts, but this is a privately owned forum. The owner of this forum gives each of us access and can take that away from any one of us at any time.

As KC already said, you are welcome to stay, but please understand our main focus here is to help each other, and that the general concensus is to put the problems with last year's program behind us and concentrate on our current work with the current year's program.

• Like 1

FTM, don't worry, a joke I posted was also was put on lock down, mind you I am not from CA and thanks to other members I learned that 13 & 14 is a gang reference that applies to CA only, the really sad part about this is that I am from Chicago, the murder city of the states, I need to get out more often.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Somehow, I am not surprised.

Rich

Nor am I.

As far as the posts on this thread by others, I have been down this road before and experienced first hand of what I speak. I stand by my convictions and will not respond to any more of your accusations. I think it's unfair that you will not allow discussion of ATX or CCH REGARDLESS of whether a person has purchased the current version or not. So don't bother to try and justify why you say I can't. I think it's wrong PERIOD.

Then I think you should just GO AWAY. It is clear, reviewing your posts, that why ever you decided to join, it was not to participate in ta discussions and helping solve problems. What we discuss has nothing to do with whether you bought ATX, that only applies on the official ATX board, where CCH makes the rules. This board was created when CCH banned us all, by shutting down their Community board. You might not know that, but many of us remember April 10, 2007 as the day we lost all respect for CCH. But just the same, this is not a place for bashing them, it's a place were fellow professionals can get together to help each other, share with each other, build friendships and professional relationships,, etc. Clearly you are not a fit here.

• Like 5