ATX Community

Question on IRS Where is my Refund Page

One o fmy client asked me a question on Where is my refund page on IRS website. He has been tracking his result where arrow shows return received, return processed, refund approved etc.

He said that all of a sudden the tracking arrow has disappeared and in its place a message has shown up saying we are still processing your refund. A date will be posed when the refund is approved.

He was concerned about the disappearance of the arrow and he was wondering if his return has been picked up by IRS for a manual review.

thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

Only the IRS can answer. Him calling will be an adventure of futility. They cannot, or will not say the reason. Until it has been 21 days after his return was filed, he has no reason to think anything is wrong. Even if it has been reviewed, nothing can be done to expedite.

Too many people in too big a hurry. This has led to the GIANT problem of fraud as the IRS tried to be "customer friendly" and do things quickly.

• Like 2

Macs do have options for browsers. I use Firefox & Chrome (both free). I haven't tried either on Where's My Refund, but a free browser is cheaper, easier & more practical than getting Windows emulation. At one time Mac also had an IE browser, not sure if it still does. Don't use it on Mac or PC. Too many security issues.

I tried using Where's My Refund on Safari on my Mac. I used dummy data (my SSN but bogus refund since I haven't filed yet) and got message that the info wasn't in their system (true). I didn't try it with "real data." At what point are they getting the gobbledy gook?

I tried using Where's My Refund on Safari on my Mac. I used dummy data (my SSN but bogus refund since I haven't filed yet) and got message that the info wasn't in their system (true). I didn't try it with "real data." At what point are they getting the gobbledy gook?

Same message -- data not in system -- except client was using real data!

Well I finally let my 2 computers be in the same room at the same time (and both on). This time I used real data on my PC's Firefox -- just to make sure it would work. It did. I then tried it on my Mac in Safari and in FIrefox. Both worked and both gave me the same result as the PC. (I guess I could let that client know they are getting their refund on the 20th!)

So I really don't know what to tell your client. It does not appear to be a Safari or Mac issue. Perhaps they are on a differnt version than I am, but the problem is not "global."