ATX Community

Oh...I forgot to tell you...I got married this past September

Janitor Bob

His lack of planing and work is not YOUR emergency.

I have let plenty of clients become "late filers" after warning them of the penalties and consequences -- in writing, by USMail, certified/return. Usually doesn't take too many iterations before they "get it" and those who don't get used to paying the penalties.

I have to re-learn, the hard way, every couple of years, that I *cannot* allow myself to care more about their tax returns than they do!

Careful - either of these this could be you as a tax preparer:

483944_482053975218909_876041371_n.jpg998929_481593975264909_893921792_n.jpg

• Like 2

"Special" trip is to run a 10k in Bend, OR.....what did you think...that I would get married...and lose my HOH filing status?! Not as long as my daughter qualifies as my dependent! As a Tax professional, I know that rarely is it financially beneficial to get married...I'll just keep my "sugar Mollie" for now.

• Like 1

JB:

I thought it was YOU that got married, and I was going to say "congratulations! ;)

Rich

That is what I thought too....at first. Funny thing, I actually had a client who did get married in September and asked me for an Organizer as she was coming to me and her new husband was going to his old accountant. It took about five e-mails to explain about MFJ and that they were no longer single. They were each going to file S this year and together next year. Whoa!!!!! The options are MFJ and MFS and if you don't want to lose the Education Credits for your daughter in college, you had better file together. Got a note today thanking me and informing me that they are both going to his accountant and filing MFJ. She has been with me since 1996; but these things happen all the time and I am actually relieved. She has mega-investments and understands nothing about them.

• Like 3

If that isn't bad enough, his records reek of cigarette smoke to the point of making my office smell from them, and my hands smell after touching his papers. The only client more smelly than this was years ago, a seafood market, and their papers smelled like bad fish. Made me want to vomit.

Judy, Fabrezz really does work on both cloth and paper that reeks of cig smoke.

I'll suffer with it. No way I'm taking a chance on spraying them and having some paper of his damaged. Besides, it's a 10" high stack of papers and documents all in a plastic milk crate. That would be a lot of spraying! Maybe I should put them outside to be washed away in tomorrow forecasted flooding. lol

• Like 1

"Special" trip is to run a 10k in Bend, OR.....what did you think...that I would get married...and lose my HOH filing status?! Not as long as my daughter qualifies as my dependent! As a Tax professional, I know that rarely is it financially beneficial to get married...I'll just keep my "sugar Mollie" for now.

;) OK JB I'll side with you on this one. Chaz was certain he had the story correct! Mollie is definently a keeper. ;)