ATX Community

CUT OFF

TAXMAN

Just had a perennial extender drop in.

He said his wife told him to ask how late they can get their info to me and still get the return done by Apr 15.

Was it OK for me to tell him to crank up his time machine and get it to me by Mar 10, or was that:

1) unkind ?

2) snarky ?

3) uncalled for ?

4) other...

At this point, I would be all of the above. I hate that question, and basically I put it back in their lap: I have no way of knowing how many people will bring their information tomorrow, and I am two weeks behind, so I guess all bets are off if you don't have it in before the people who drop off tomorrow.

• Like 7

I got my annual call yesterday from a partner in a partnership wanting to know when it would be done. I told her that her that once again, her partner didn't get my the information in to to me until there were three drawers ahead of her. She said, why didn't you call me and tell me? I told her that she should be checking up on her partner, since she knows that this happens every year. I suggested once again that they go to a larger CPA firm so that this wouldn't happen. I am not going to kill myself because her husband's CPA is going to make them go on extension if they don't have the K1 by Wednesday at 12. I know that I am too cheap, that's why they don't move it to her husband's CPA.

• Like 1

Today was drop off and phone call terror day. What are people thinking? I am so far behind that I expect to meet myself coming through the door one day. I can only do so much without finding myself making odd mistakes and will not allow that to happen. My house looks like a junk pit and I really don't care. I don't live in my house. I live in this office. A lot of people that are still out there are in for a big surprise.

• Like 6