ATX Community

NT- "It's Only Soccer" (still)

JohnH

Soccer is the only place where your enemies/adversaries become your best friends when you need them the most. Portugal wasn't the exception yesterday.

Yesterday, my friend said "can you believe it? the German Embassy is putting huge TV screens so American people and German come to see the game. They want to see us said when we loose to them". I said thats the best idea ever, I bet you that both teams will be celebrating at the end of the game.  I was right.

After watching Belgium play yesterday, we have a chance to win. I love it. And if we loose, ""Oh well, it's only soccer.""

Is 4 's ever allowed? I wonder now.

You're right, Eric.

That sort of behavior is more reminiscent of a WWE wrestling match than a sporting event. Not that it doesn't happen from time-to-time in American basketball, baseball, or football, but it isn't ubiquitous. It adds a certain "sissified" aspect to the sport when there isn't a genuine injury.

• Like 1

For those that don't follow soccer, yesterday's game was a blow out and a World Cup record, ouch!!

... and it will never happen again ... for sure .....

But Brazilians could blame on themselves only. This is as a lesson for everyone - even if you are the Host of the football World Cup Finals.The larger the bubble, the more loudly and painful cracking.

They had more to lose in the quarterfinals of Columbia and everything would be fine for them, alas ......

Practical instructions on how to writhe on the ground in agony when someone touches you with a fingertip.
(Subtitle: How to sell it like a world class soccer player)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/09/330133378/flop-life-what-if-we-all-acted-like-we-were-in-the-world-cup?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20140709