ATX Community

2004 and 2005 tax programs are not saving client files

rwalter

I have 1999 - 2009 ATX (2010 - 2012 other tax software) successfully runing on my old Win 7 Home PC.  So far I've only installed 2012 - 2013 ATX on my new Win 7 Pro PC.  I'll install other prior years later as I get around to them.  I did have to put the older programs in XP compatiblity mode.

I have 1999 - 2009 ATX (2010 - 2012 other tax software) successfully runing on my old Win 7 Home PC.  So far I've only installed 2012 - 2013 ATX on my new Win 7 Pro PC.  I'll install other prior years later as I get around to them.  I did have to put the older programs in XP compatiblity mode.

Most computer users have no idea what that is or how to use it.  It does NOT ALWAYS work.

At the firm, I have one XP machine with 2004 and prior programs on it.  It is part of the network and was only used for one return this past tax season.  Too much messing around with the old programs on the new machines.

• Like 1

I have 2010 through 2013 on new computer and have had to use all of those.  Like Joan; all others are on old XP and completely and safely backed up in several places.  That complete hard drive can be restored at any given time.  Also, have install disks for all years and exported files on some type of external drive.