ATX Community

ATX ENDS SUPPORT FOR USERS THAT HAVEN'T RENEWED YET

Lee B

COPIED FROM THE ATX BOARD:

Re: Customer service - NOT

Actually, I see that another CS Rep already answered you via email. Support for the 2013 product ended Nov 14th- at that point, our phone system was changed to look at 2014 customer base when it checks the Client ID. Once you renew for the upcoming year, your CID will be activated for support.

I apologize for the confusion- an Account Bulletin email that went out in early November mentioned this cut-off date. I'm going to locate that notice and repost to the blog since the date has passed now.

Stephanie Bradford

Customer Care Direct

I just finished a 9/30 year end Corporate Tax Return. I wonder if i will be able to efile the return ???

Also, are you able to connect to the server to update forms or download any new ones?

As I responded on 10/30 when you posted about this the first time, according to the license agreement, "support" includes access to the server for functions such as updating the program and forms, and also e-filing.

Do let us know if you are still able to e-file.

Suppose you get a new computer?  They wouldn't allow downloads of prior year programs that you purchased?

That's correct. I am no longer an ATX customer but used it for many years up through the 2011 tax year. I have from 2009 through 2012 (only includes the very early update in Feb 2013) on my current computer. I still have all of my program archive CDs along with the installation codes and would need them if I ever wanted to install any of those years on another machine. I could not download those from their server online.  I can go online and look at my account and look up the access codes, but that is about all I could do there.

I share an office with a CPA firm, and they had an issue with Proseries not letting them efile because they had not renewed for 2015.  I think other vendor should follow this tactic to hook clients to come back.

this gets fixed with a phone call, I had that problem.

its so unfair, I pay for a program for 2013 so if I have a 11/30/14 y/e [files on 2013 forms] that return should get support up till the due date.

Support has nothing to do with e-file.  Two separate things.  IRS will stop receiving all e-files on Nov. 21, 2014 from ALL transmitters.

If you have not renewed, and have a technical problem or a program/tax problem, it appears that ATX has dumped us.  So anyone who has to reinstall on a new computer, and does not renew for 2014 is SOL.

I long for the days before CCH!!!  ATX company people understood and practiced REAL customer service.  I wonder if this support cutoff is new or if it was in previous years terms of agreement?

Not pleased with the direction CCH is going these days.

• Like 1