ATX Community

Moving at a snail's pace

rfassett

In ATX, I have 68 returns in so far, but I met with and collected 7 more last night, so I am at 75.

Last year, with 4 more days to go, I only had 49.  So, things have definitely picked up....

Of course, since I bought two other tax practices last year, that would be one of the reasons that there is more of them... ;)

However, I do have 18 done, and got a corp done last night.

No appointments today.  Goal is ten returns...

And I am filing elections for most of the clients with fixed assets, and some 3115's. 

Rich

• Like 4

My inbox is crammed to the hilt.  I finished exactly 1 return today.  Between the phone and the drop offs and drop ins, I am moving toward panic mode.  Then when you tell them they have to come in and sign and pay; they choose to pick their own time (which is also someone else's time, who had an appointment.)  No time to study, no time to work, now no desire to work.  What is going on?  This from Overwhelmsville, WI. :mad:

• Like 6

Yesterday I rebooted my computer because it was running slow. All fine last night. This morning I see no new emails in Outlook, so I shut down everything (after trying to manually receive) and rebooted again. Now I'm loading 19 Windows updates, and it's been on 4 of 19 format least 20 minutes.

Time to run to Office Depot and buy some supplies I need I guess. At least I have no appointments today and my assistant is able to work on the laptop. Unfortunately we can't run payroll from there.

• Like 2

I ran an update today requiring a reboot.  Seems to me there were 18 or 19 updates.  Whole process took maybe 10 or 12 minutes.  A good part of that was I always give my system 4 or 5 minutes to completely boot up.

Joan - methinks your system has issues.

On another note - 23 returns in today and only 4 completed. :(  I am truly losing this battle.  But on a more positive note - it is February 11th and my math indicates that 27 to 28% of the returns are already in-house. And I should not have to look for something to do for a few days.

• Like 2

My tech guy just called & told me to do a hard boot. I was the second one today with the same problem. So the system is back up. Hope I can get my email.

My tech guy told me to do that once, so I strapped on the old steel toe shoes and gave it the old college try.  Not one of my more shining moments.  Did not solve the computer problem (well it kinda did since I had to get a new one), but it sure made me feel better.

• Like 4