ATX Community

FAM separate program dies of malnutrition.

Jack from Ohio

FAM Sunset Notice

The ATX™ product team is continually evaluating our integrated solution to ensure that our efforts are focused on the features and functionality that our customers value most.  After very careful consideration, we have decided to make an important change in our current offering of asset management technology.

Beginning April 1, 2015, CCH Small Firm Services will no longer offer a separate product for fixed asset management.  The present Fixed Asset Manager (FAM) is a separate application that is installed independently from ATX for the purpose of handling multi-year depreciation of fixed assets.  Our research indicates that the majority of our customers are primarily concerned about the annualized tax implications of fixed assets. We are responding to that need by integrating the most popular FAM module features into the existing enhanced asset entry capabilities of ATX professional tax software.

Improved Enhanced Asset Management Functionality will now be available to ATX users. Along with the expanded ATX asset management capabilities available to current FAM users, these popular features will also be available:

• Ability to edit groups and locations
  •  Maximum Section 179 deductions for multiples
  • Duplicate assets
  • Multiple asset accounts
  • Pre-formatted and customizable reporting

As a special offer for current FAM customers, a first year discounted price of $179 is available when you purchase these enhanced asset capabilities along with your ATX renewal.

The independent Fixed Asset Manager solution will no longer be offered for new sales or renewals.  However, you may be assured that we will continue to fully support FAM throughout the remainder of the license period.

As always, we appreciate the opportunity to provide you with professional tax preparation technology that meets your business needs. We believe that these changes will enhance the value of ATX and look forward to continuing to serve your needs for the coming year. Of course, we also appreciate your feedback and invite you to let us know how we can improve the new asset management capabilities in future versions of ATX.

So does anyone have any insight on a different company's stand-alone fixed asset program?

We use FAM extensively during the year in conjunction with the write-up program.  This release causes me great concern that us users of the write-up package may also soon be hung out to dry.  But that is a worry for another day!

Edited by rfassett

Ok, let me see if I have this right. The FAM product wasn't popular at all so CCH is discontinuing the stand alone version. For the two customers who purchased FAM in the past, they will be rewarded with a discount to the Max program and the rest of us will pay more for Max to get the same FAM that the vast majority of us didn't want to begin with! See ya CCH! I refuse to be "rewarded" once again for being a loyal customer of yours for years!

Ok, let me see if I have this right. The FAM product wasn't popular at all so CCH is discontinuing the stand alone version. For the two customers who purchased FAM in the past, they will be rewarded with a discount to the Max program and the rest of us will pay more for Max to get the same FAM that the vast majority of us didn't want to begin with! See ya CCH! I refuse to be "rewarded" once again for being a loyal customer of yours for years!

I believe you have it backwards. ATX will be offering a optional upgrade to the depreciation function that is part

of the ATX standard tax software which will be available to current users of FAM for $ 179. Any other users that

want the optional upgrade will pay a higher price ( don't know what that price will be).

Edited by cbslee
  • Like 2