ATX Community

Can the pinned posts be moved to their own forum?

Abby Normal

Yes, I've mentioned this myself before but Eric said something about issues with trying to minimize all that space on top.  And maybe the locked topics could be a link or some other way to access without taking up all that space.

Of course one of my personal problems is that I have to have the display on the screen large enough to read.  If I reduced it to, oh, 75%, then I could see new topics listed but couldn't read them.  Even with my new eyes :)

• Like 2

OK, I've moved those first two of the pinned topics to the E-file forum.

I could unpin the one about the 1099Gs. I was wondering about this one recently, that is, if anyone found it useful.

That would leave only the one topic about the repair regulations which still has posting activity. I think that would help somewhat. I don't think there's much to be done about the header and other white space though.

I'm with Margaret about the viewing and have most of my sites set to 125% or higher, otherwise I end up straining to read them.

For anyone that still wanted to quickly access the information if these are unpinned, any topic on any of our forums can be bookmarked in your favorites for direct access without having to visit the home screen.

• Like 1

It still defeats the purpose of pinning.  They were pinned to be seen by everyone each time the forum is opened.  The information in them was deemed important enough for that treatment.

My memory is not good enough to remember what was pinned. 

Now I know scrolling and clicking are such intense physical actions that it strains the ability of some folks, but....

32 minutes ago, jmdaviscpa said:
33 minutes ago, jmdaviscpa said:

Is it not possible to create a new forum called something like Reference? We may end up with a dozen pin-worthy posts over time.

Eric would have to decide if that seems warranted and is the only one with ability to create additional forums.  We usually don't have that many pinned topics, and the one about MeF shutdown will be unpinned in about a month. It only leaves the 2 in the general chat, and that limited number should allow you to see a couple of other posts without scrolling. As the forum will soon get busier, you'll be scrolling anyway, so I don't see the need for another separate forum, because most users still post in general chat even when it pertains to e-fle acks or the ACA regardless of the fact that there are dedicated forums for these areas.

Edited by jklcpa
fixed the quoted text
  • Like 2