ATX Community

Best of luck!!!

jshtax

Good luck with Ultra Tax.  I used it before switching to ATX and I loved the features it offered. Just couldn't afford to keep it after my introductory price ran out.  I tried to get another discounted deal the year of the ATX meltdown, but UT wouldn't work with me on price. 

Thankfully I found Drake, which runs circles around anything out there insofar as speed & efficiency are concerned, and at a fraction of the price anyone else can offer.  In any event, you'll find that Ultra Tax lives up to its name.  

• Like 1

We use Ultra Tax in the office.  It is a powerful program but a professional's program--not very intuitive.  It can do almost anything (but not quite everything).  The help screens are wonderful.  My biggest annoyance is that the tax projections aren't very good--don't adjust federal and state credits for higher/lower income but do consider AMT and how much SocSec will be taxable. What they really want is to sell you their add-on tax projection software (even more expensive).  You can choose the packages you want and pay per return for items you don't choose--expensive!!!  We choose a few states but pay a high fee for others.  Every year we look at how many 1041s, 1120Ss, 1120s, and 1065s we file and do the math to see if the package makes more sense in each category.  Without the package, the fees are horrible but so are the package fees.

We gave up on their Creative Solutions accounting program--it was too cumbersome.  For those clients not in QB, we switched to ATX for W2s and 1099s, which is much more reasonably priced and much much easier to use. Next year we are likely to switch tax software not because we don't love UT--it really is a wonderful program--but because the $18k price is getting out of hand.  The fiasco ATX had a couple of years ago scares us though.